• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question [panel.ini] Change php.ini Settings

V3N0M

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian 11
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Web Admin Edition 18.0.51 Update No. 1
Hello,
I have a new web server (vServer) with the following Plesk version. Plesk Obsidian Web Admin Edition 18.0.51 Update No. 1

I have a problem with the PHP settings, especially post_max_size and upload_max_filesize. I didn't think that it is so complicated to change such important settings in a Web Admin Edition. Via Google I found the option of the panel.ini, incl. tutorial

Hello,
I have a new web server (vServer) with the following Plesk version. Plesk Obsidian Web Admin Edition 18.0.51 Update No. 1

I have a problem with the PHP settings, especially post_max_size and upload_max_filesize. I am very surprised that it is so complicated to change such important settings in a Web Admin Edition. Via Google I found the option of the panel.ini, incl. tutorial

After installing the panel.ini editor and renaming the panel.ini.sample to panel.ini, I inserted the sample lines from the tutorial for the first test. Despite restarting the web server (and the entire vServer), no further settings appeared in Plesk.

To start again, I pressed "reset to defaults" and nothing worked. The panel.ini was deleted from the system and even the viewer of the panel.ini editor could not do anything.

How do I change the PHP settings server-wide? I remember times with confixx when it was 2 clicks in the GUI and now you have to painstakingly insert special settings?
Which services have to be restarted after changes to the panel.ini? In another thread I found the command "service psa stopall" which leads to an error.

Code:
~/usr/local/psa/admin/conf# service psa stopall
psa: unrecognized service

I can only use stop or start...

I have a problem with the PHP settings, especially post_max_size and upload_max_filesize. I am very surprised that it is so complicated to change such important settings in a Web Admin Edition.
You can easily change it in the PHP settings of the subscription where you want different values to apply. There is no need to edit panel.ini for it.

How do I change the PHP settings server-wide?
You could edit /opt/plesk/php/<php version>/etc/php.ini. Some PHP settings can also be preset in the service plan that is applied to a subscription.

painstakingly insert special settings?
How many domains do you want to update?

Which services have to be restarted after changes to the panel.ini? In another thread I found the command "service psa stopall" which leads to an error.

Code:
~/usr/local/psa/admin/conf# service psa stopall
psa: unrecognized service

I can only use stop or start...
The "stopall" parameter has been removed several months ago, because users expected this to really stop all Plesk related services, which it did not do.

Back