• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved panel.ini does not work

Ihno

New Pleskian
Hello,
I have not one "'#" in panel.ini, but it does not work in PLESK ONYX Version 17.5.3 Update #24 with DEBIAN 8.9.
Panel Editor Viewer : [facebook] showLikeLink true
Panel Editor :
[promos]
enabled=false
cbm.active=false
cloudFlare.active=false
commTouch.active=false
googleIntegration.active=false
helpDesk.active=false
mobile.active=false
sitebuilderTrial.active=false
[aps]
serverAppsPromoEnabled=false
[promos]
enabled=false
[facebook]
showLikeLink=false

[rating]
enabled=false

what is wrong ?

Here are some suggestions that you could try:
- Verify that you the file you are editing is the correct one in /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/panel.ini. There could be other, invalid copies of it.
- Verify that the /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/panel.ini file is readible. It must have at least 644 permissions. It is normally owned by root:root. If the file is missing or cannot be read, Plesk will assume default values.
- Restart psa service (# service psa stopall, then # service psa start), because maybe the panel service did not re-read the changed value from panel.ini.
- In my test system, the syntax is not true/false, but on/off. So for example "showLikeLink = false" here reads "showLikeLink = off". I do not know whether that makes a difference or not, but is is thinkable that it does.

Hi Ihno,

and did you consider to use as well spaces, as the SAMPLE ( "panel.ini.sample" ) shows for example:
Code:
[facebook]

; Hide Like link
;showLikeLink = off

... which points to the correct settings like:
Code:
[facebook]

; Hide Like link
showLikeLink = off

Thank you very much !
The panel.ini was at 640 permisson... ( from my provider ? )
With 644 it works...
off or false is the same ;)

Back