• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved panel.ini does not work

Ihno

New Pleskian
Hello,
I have not one "'#" in panel.ini, but it does not work in PLESK ONYX Version 17.5.3 Update #24 with DEBIAN 8.9.
Panel Editor Viewer : [facebook] showLikeLink true
Panel Editor :
[promos]
enabled=false
cbm.active=false
cloudFlare.active=false
commTouch.active=false
googleIntegration.active=false
helpDesk.active=false
mobile.active=false
sitebuilderTrial.active=false
[aps]
serverAppsPromoEnabled=false
[promos]
enabled=false
[facebook]
showLikeLink=false

[rating]
enabled=false

what is wrong ?

Here are some suggestions that you could try:
- Verify that you the file you are editing is the correct one in /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/panel.ini. There could be other, invalid copies of it.
- Verify that the /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/panel.ini file is readible. It must have at least 644 permissions. It is normally owned by root:root. If the file is missing or cannot be read, Plesk will assume default values.
- Restart psa service (# service psa stopall, then # service psa start), because maybe the panel service did not re-read the changed value from panel.ini.
- In my test system, the syntax is not true/false, but on/off. So for example "showLikeLink = false" here reads "showLikeLink = off". I do not know whether that makes a difference or not, but is is thinkable that it does.

Hi Ihno,

and did you consider to use as well spaces, as the SAMPLE ( "panel.ini.sample" ) shows for example:
Code:
[facebook]

; Hide Like link
;showLikeLink = off

... which points to the correct settings like:
Code:
[facebook]

; Hide Like link
showLikeLink = off

Thank you very much !
The panel.ini was at 640 permisson... ( from my provider ? )
With 644 it works...
off or false is the same ;)

Back