• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Panel.ini senderAddress not working

aw030

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Web Admin Edition 18.0.52 Update #3
Hi@all,

For the scheduled tasks emails i always get mails with following error:

550 No MX for your FROM address (in reply to MAIL FROM command)

while the from address is [email protected]

So i tried to change senderAddress in panel.ini via cli and also tried it via Panel Editor extension, but emails still coming not from the specified senderAddress.

When i look at the Viewer in Panel.ini Editor, it shows me the value true when senderAddress is added to panel.ini. There is also a hint that the default value is false. Shouldnt it be the value of the email address as string when i add senderAddress="[email protected]" that is visible in Panel.ini Editor?

How can i achieve that the senderAddress in panel.ini is used for the scheduled tasks notifications?

In panel.ini (based on panel.ini.sample) i added (with and without doublequotes):

INI:
[notification]
senderAddress="[email protected]"

Hope somebody can help, docs and other forum threats does not help...

Greetz and thx in advance...

Without double-quotes is fine. Viewer won't show the current value if it's customized. You did it correctly.
  • Some notifications are sent from the system address: no-reply@<full-server-hostname>. To change this system email address set the desired full hostname in Tools & Settings > Server Settings > Full hostname.
  • Notifications tend to lag behind settings. If you just made changes, give it a day or two at the most; it may take that long for the new address to show up.

Back