• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Question Panel.ini senderAddress not working

aw030

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Web Admin Edition 18.0.52 Update #3
Hi@all,

For the scheduled tasks emails i always get mails with following error:

550 No MX for your FROM address (in reply to MAIL FROM command)

while the from address is [email protected]

So i tried to change senderAddress in panel.ini via cli and also tried it via Panel Editor extension, but emails still coming not from the specified senderAddress.

When i look at the Viewer in Panel.ini Editor, it shows me the value true when senderAddress is added to panel.ini. There is also a hint that the default value is false. Shouldnt it be the value of the email address as string when i add senderAddress="[email protected]" that is visible in Panel.ini Editor?

How can i achieve that the senderAddress in panel.ini is used for the scheduled tasks notifications?

In panel.ini (based on panel.ini.sample) i added (with and without doublequotes):

INI:
[notification]
senderAddress="[email protected]"

Hope somebody can help, docs and other forum threats does not help...

Greetz and thx in advance...

Without double-quotes is fine. Viewer won't show the current value if it's customized. You did it correctly.
  • Some notifications are sent from the system address: no-reply@<full-server-hostname>. To change this system email address set the desired full hostname in Tools & Settings > Server Settings > Full hostname.
  • Notifications tend to lag behind settings. If you just made changes, give it a day or two at the most; it may take that long for the new address to show up.

Back