• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Panel not working after initiating upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

SujithM

New Pleskian
Hi

I am using Plesk for windows (10.4.4) and I gave an upgrade to 11.5. After a while, I lost my internet connection and thus was unable to trace the upgrade process. When I got my connection back, I tried to access the control panel, but it is showing an error message -

ERROR: Exception
The system cannot find the file specified. (Error code 2) at Unable to connect to pipe \\.\pipe\psapipe

0: constants.php3:62
get_admin_password()
1: constants.php3:62
require_once(string 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\plib\constants.php3')
2: auth.php3:84

When I access the server using RDP, I see that Plesk icon in the system tray shows as stopped and the tool tip says "Parallels Panel - Stopped". Does this mean that the upgrade has failed? If yes, how can I continue with upgrade? If that is not possible, can I rollback to the old version - 10.4.4?

I am stuck now and really appreciate if someone can help me out of this at the earliest.

Thanks in advance

Sujith

Hi IgorG

Thanks for the quick response. I tried this link earlier... what I get as the ouput of "sc query PleskSQLServer" is as follows.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin>sc query PleskSQLServer

SERVICE_NAME: PleskSQLServer
TYPE : 10 WIN32_OWN_PROCESS
STATE : 4 RUNNING
(STOPPABLE, PAUSABLE, ACCEPTS_SHUTDOWN)
WIN32_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
SERVICE_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
CHECKPOINT : 0x0
WAIT_HINT : 0x0

So, the database is running.. but I still get the same error.

Hi IgorG

Thanks for the quick response. I have tried this link earlier. Following is the output I get when I execute "sc query PleskSQLServer"

SERVICE_NAME: PleskSQLServer
TYPE : 10 WIN32_OWN_PROCESS
STATE : 4 RUNNING
(STOPPABLE, PAUSABLE, ACCEPTS_SHUTDOWN)
WIN32_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
SERVICE_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
CHECKPOINT : 0x0
WAIT_HINT : 0x0

In the KB, it says what to do if the STATE is "Stopped". But in my case it is "Running". What should I try next? Kindly advice.

Thanks & Regards

Sujith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back