1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Parallels Panel 10 = Plesk Panel 10?

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Linux Suggestions and Feedback' started by Hultenius, Aug 23, 2009.

1. Hultenius

Hultenius Guest

I was surfing the Parallels website earlier today and found out about a new control panel named Parallels Panel 10 SMB Edition. It looks similar to Plesk (see video demo) but with a new intuitive interface, a marketplace and is targeted to Small and Medium Business (hence the "SMB Edition" part of the product title).

Now, if this one is called "Parallels Panel 10 SMB Edition", what will "Parallels Panel 10" be? The new Plesk Panel? Why would a new control panel start at version 10 otherwise?
    I really hope that the new Plesk (whatever it will be named) will use this new user-friendly interface. Our customers would absolutely love it.

I couldn't resist to google the product name, and found an informative article.
    Quote from the article:
    So guys, what do you think?

2. Denis Sirochenko

Denis Sirochenko Guest

Hello,

No, Parallels Panel 10 SMB Edition is not a Parallels Plesk Panel 10 which will be released in its time. It is a separate hosting panel software, and it seems like you have already studied all the available information on it.

Regards,
    Denis.

3. Scy

Scy Basic Pleskian

73%
    To me it seems that Parallels Panel SMB is designed for more like organizations (companies that need dedicated server for their internal purposes and e-mail hosting etc.) than for web hosting companies / resellers.

Based on video representation of Parallels Panel, it seems that - even thought how intuitive the user interface is - there is missing a lot of functionality required in web hosting for clients.

However, I really hope Plesk 10 will be using the same, very intuitive non-frame GUI (and hopefully it will be templatable too). That looks much more better than the current frame-based Plesk GUI.

4. xmuskrat

xmuskrat Guest

Looks nice.

Is Plesk 10 gong to be a lot longer then Panel 10? Is it worth switching to Panel 10?

5. xmuskrat

xmuskrat Guest

6. ramuva

ramuva Guest

Just more eyecandy. Me - much more interested in behind the scenes changes.

7. xmuskrat

xmuskrat Guest

So, when is Plesk Panel 10 due out?

8. xmuskrat

xmuskrat Guest

So, does that put Plesk Panel 10 due in April?

9. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
    Just for your information - we never provide any ETA when any Parallels product will be released.

10. xmuskrat

xmuskrat Guest

Parallels Panel 10 SMB Edition is in beta now, and you can get the code here. The software will be released to manufacturing at the end of this quarter and will only be available to Parallels' channel partners at that time. The tool is expected to be generally available in the second week of November. Parallels Plesk Panel 10 will ship in the second quarter of 2010, and Zubarev says that Parallels plans to keep the release cycles for the two tools out of phase by six months.

Source: http://m.channelregister.co.uk/2009/08/13/parallels_plesk_smb_hypervisor/

11. xmuskrat

xmuskrat Guest

12. xmuskrat

xmuskrat Guest

Any recent news on plesk 10?

13. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
    Plesk 10 will be released very soon.

14. xmuskrat

xmuskrat Guest

Just saw this on twitter.

"RT @JonMcCarrick: Will your provider have #Plesk 10 available on Nov. 2?"

Would be cool if it was out that quickly.

15. outsider

outsider Basic Pleskian

One quick question: There will be FreeBSD support? If yes, which version, maybe 8.x both i386 and x64?