• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Try our new tool to upgrade your old MariaDB server from Plesk UI

Hello
I have tried to update it but I get a 504 error after 10 minutes analyzing it with mysqlcheck.

Response not successful: Received status code 504

Does anyone know what parameter needs to be adjusted so that the timeout of this process does not interrupt mysqlcheck?

Thank you

Probably there are issues on your system with the filesystem or SELinux.

No filesystem issues and the manual approach worked without a problem (no extra steps taken or needed) so we're going to hold off on using this for now in production environments.

Hello,

I'm looking to upgrade MariaDB from 10.3.39 to 10.11 through Plesk UI. Is it safe ?

I have already backup all config + files locally.

Thanks.

Love the new feature, but I've got a quick question. A few weeks back, I manually updated to version 10.11.6, which is the most recent one supported by Plesk, isn't it? On the Tools & Settings page, there's a message saying, "You are already on the LTS version. Plesk will automatically update to point releases." Is it okay to leave that setting as is, or should I not do that? Usually, I update things with 'apt get upgrade'.

Hi all,

In the latest Plesk Obsidian 18.0.58 we have released our new tool to upgrade MariaDB to a supported LTS branch from Plesk UI.
To upgrade your MariaDB server without this tool you need to execute a lot of steps in SSH terminal on the source and destination version of the MariaDB server.
Our tool checks configuration, performs DB backup, configures MariaDB package repositories, performs the upgrade, and runs necessary post-upgrade actions.

Currently, this function is in the public Beta stage, and would like to ask you to try it and send us your feedback.
To enable the feature, add the following lines to the panel.ini file. You can do it using the command line or our Panel Ini Editor Extension
[databaseManagement

Back