• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Parallels Panel update failed - yum respository atomic enabled

qpidity

New Pleskian
Hi,

For some time now the Autoinstaller fails and the Plesk control panel becomes inoperable until I run the stop and then start command for the plesk control panel.

Looking at the error log: autoinstaller3.log I see the following output:

WARNING: Third-party Yum repository 'atomic' is enabled, installation may fail.

Since you use one or more 3rd-party repos (say, atomic), be careful when installing different package versions from different repos as this may lead to installation failures. For example, you may encounter a problem if you first install PHP from a 3rd-party repo and then upgrade it using the Parallels repo. To avoid such situations, install and upgdare packages from the same repo.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/psa/bin/yum_install", line 194, in <module>
main()
File "/usr/local/psa/bin/yum_install", line 189, in main
installer.perform(to_install, opts.remove)
File "/usr/local/psa/bin/yum_install", line 147, in perform
self.processTransaction(rpmDisplay = QuietCallback())
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/yum/__init__.py", line 4925, in processTransaction
self._checkSignatures(pkgs,callback)
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/yum/__init__.py", line 4968, in _checkSignatures
self.getKeyForPackage(po, self._askForGPGKeyImport)
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/yum/__init__.py", line 4708, in getKeyForPackage
'this repository.') % (repo.name)
YumBaseError: The GPG keys listed for the "CentOS / Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 - atomicrocketturtle.com" repository are already installed but they are not correct for this package.
Check that the correct key URLs are configured for this repository.
~emptyFileFetcher: get file (~empty)/PSA_11.0.9/plesk-11.0.9-cos6-x86_64.inf3
FileFetcher: get file (~empty)/SITEBUILDER_11.0.10/sitebuilder-11.0.10-rhall-all.inf3
FileFetcher: get file (~empty)/BILLING_11.0.9/billing-11.0.9-rhall-all.inf3
FileFetcher: get file (~empty)/NGINX_1.3.0/nginx-1.3.0-cos6-x86_64.inf3
Execute command /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/send-error-report install
Error: Failed to run the Yum utility.
The Yum utility failed to install the required packages.
Attention! Your software might be inoperable.
Please, contact product technical support.

I saw elsewhere here in this forum to run a yum update. Will that solve the issue? Is it advisable?

Thanks in advance

You shouldn't really have the Atomic repo enabled unless you need something from it specifically - it isn't something to enable and forget about, if you see what I mean. It is quite an advanced repo, with many interesting packages and personally I can't live without it, but you need to be careful with it.

The problem you are encountering is most likely a result of your Atomic repo being out of date. Doing a yum update probably won't help as the error may still happen. You can always try it to see what happens of course.

But otherwise take a look here: https://atomicorp.com/wiki/index.php/Atomic

Follow the Installation steps (even though you are upgrading -- it doesn't matter) to update the repo config.

As for if doing a yum update is advisable (after you've updated the atomic repo) ... that's a big question. It depends on whether many things are out of date on your system. For example, if you do a yum update (or yum upgrade) then by default the Atomic repo will install php 5.4 on your system these days. If you have 5.3 currently, you may find 5.4 causes problems for some scripts as there are some things that are not backward-compatible.

Similarly, it may install MySQL 5.4 or 5.5 (I forget which) which may be later than you want or need.

So you need to be careful. when doing a yum update look carefully at which packages it wants to update, and where they come from, then compare to what you currently have. You can then make a decision on how to proceed. But do try to keep things up to date -- if you don't, you can end up with an insecure system. And at the same time be careful, and ideally backup first, especially if there are a huge number of updates to be installed.

Thanks Faris. I appreciate your detailed response. I'll look into all of this. I may well have more questions!

Back