• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Parallels Plesk Panel 10.4 previews started

Would you be interested in trying Parallels Plesk Panel 10.4 preview?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for my question - but I can´t find an answer at the moment to my question.

I wanted to test the mobile feauture but couldn´t find the IOS App at iTunes store. Am I´m wrong?!

We have not added it into the stores because Plesk 10.4 is still not available for everyone and has RTM status.

Then maybe Plesk shouldn't advertise something that is not available yet. Surely there must be some legal implications there somewhere ?

This is free preview of the upcoming Plesk version. It may have certain features not available. For discussing legal implications I would suggest contacting legal department of Parallels.

I have version 10.4.4. This is the (Recommended) Release version as 'Recommended' by Plesk.

"(Recommended) Release version
A release version has passed all quality tests. Minor stability issues are promptly fixed by updates. We recommend that you always upgrade Panel to release versions."

Ok, just this thread has been dedicated to the preview versions.

According to mobile app availability - at this moment it shall be enabled for Blackberry and Android markets. For iPhone it will be available a little later - it has been developed, but just takes time to go through Apple.

Regards

Then don't advertise that it is available.
There are even screenshots with an iPhone, on the AppStore with instructions on how to purchase it.
Don't advertise something that you cannot yet provide, unless you state otherwise.

Hey guys,

is there any documentation about usable variables at the new PHP configuration available?

The administrator guide doesn't really help at this point: http://download1.parallels.com/Ples...inistrator-guide/index.htm?fileName=69696.htm (no variables documented, as far as i see)

In the panel itself, there is a hint at the open_basedir directive, if you activate the select box: {DOCROOT}. But i couldn't find any further information about other variables available.

It would be really cool if there is some variable like {DOMAINNAME} or something to allow "access" to the vhosts root directory (/var/www/vhosts/<domain.tld>/) and not only to the domains document root.

Plesk 10.4.4: Verry buggy

Hi folks,

Please, do not install Plesk 10.4.4 if you planning to make an upgrade from previous version plesk 10.3.1.
Also there have to become a immediate patch to fix numerous of problems (postfix and translations) for Plesk 10.4.4.

The launched version is not ready yet to use it into a production environment.

Last edited by a moderator:
In the panel itself, there is a hint at the open_basedir directive, if you activate the select box: {DOCROOT}. But i couldn't find any further information about other variables available.

At this moment {DOCROOT} would be the only variable available. I see your point for {DOMAINNAME}, seems like we'd better add it - will talk to the engineering team. Could you give me a sample for which PHP parameters you will use it?

Regards

Edward, did you notice problems with any other language except Dutch?

Regards
Hi Sergey,

I don't investigate other languages than Dutch.
And have also no licence key to use more than 2 languages at Plesk.

I'll living in Holland, that's the reason why I correct the Dutch language at Plesk.
Its so irritating and annoying that the Dutch language are not correctly spelled at Parallels.

Also have i discovered that your team have some problems to display 'ë' at your Plesk-pages.
Your should it to by checking every menu or spelling to correct this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Sergey,

I need such a variable to define a individual php temp directory for each subscription to get a little better isolation between them.

In detail:
open_basedir = {DOCROOT}:/var/www/vhosts/{DOMAINNAME}/tmp
upload_tmp_dir = /var/www/vhosts/{DOMAINNAME}/tmp
session.save_path = /var/www/vhosts/{DOMAINNAME}/tmp

And moreover, error logging:
display_errors = off
log_errors = on
error_log = /var/www/vhosts/{DOMAINNAME}/private/php_errors.log

Best thing would be a seperate php temp directory in the domains root directory (/var/www/vhosts/<domain>/phptmp) with restrictive access (owner = the user php will run as if using fastcgi).

But a additional variable like {DOMAINNAME} should be enough at this moment.

Thanks for the quick response!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back