• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Parallels Premium Outbound Antispam

Is there a way of trying Parallels Premium Outbound Antispam for let's say 30 days?

Or do i have to buy a 30 days license?
I've read some scary stories about broken servers when license are invalid/expired.
Is it easy to remove the outbound antispam?

Can you give me some more detailed documentation (which protcols? smtp? secure smtp? etc, how does it authenticate users?)
Right now it's hard to understand if its right for us.

we are very interested in this feature, but it looks like you guys cannot give any more information. Is there a trial version? Where can i find some more (technical en in-depth) documentation?

We are trying to get more information for about a month... looks like you really do not want to sell this addon?

trial version

The bill for one month is under 5 $... For the price you can consider it as kind of trial version:)
Installation is easy.

Hi Igor,

after solving the licence key issue the service won't work properly
Protection : Not active. There are some problems that prevent the service from being started.
. If i start the service on the console
/etc/init.de/ctasd_initd start
i get the following output.

running ctasd from /opt/ctch/ctasd
Loading configuration file /etc/ctasd/ctasd-out.conf
Warning, can't change permissions to user=nobody group=nogroup

So the daemon won't run in the context of nobody:nogroup - and prevent that the service works as expected.

What should i do?

Regards derde0

PS: Version of Plesk 11.0.9.#42 running on debian 6

Last edited:
Does this extension solve the problem of spammers using my gmail?

I meant qmail.

So I ended up disabling Plesk's mail components and migrating my mail servers to my server host (1and1). They already provide spam and antivirus services at no additional cost, and respond much faster to support requests. My only compromise it the 2GB limit per mailbox, but I don't use that much either.

Last edited:
I also have bought the license and installed everything as it should be installed. NOTHING works and it seems hundreds of other people have the same problem. Question, is anyone able to give an advise that works and solve this time consuming problem? I still get the same statements in my Plesk 11.0.9 version all the time, that the service can not start....

Thanks for your help.

I also have bought the license and installed everything as it should be installed. NOTHING works and it seems hundreds of other people have the same problem. Question, is anyone able to give an advise that works and solve this time consuming problem? I still get the same statements in my Plesk 11.0.9 version all the time, that the service can not start....

Thanks for your help.
Have you tried troubleshoot it with help of article http://kb.parallels.com/115257 ?

Have you tried troubleshoot it with help of article http://kb.parallels.com/115257 ?

Hi,

first you have to check, what OS and MTA you are running - it will only work out of the box with centOS (in all likelihood centOS 6.x) - because parallels developing plesk on centOS all the settings are best running on this OS - and when you are running a different OS you better choose qmail, because the ctmilter-service of postfix won't work properly together with ctasd.

If you are running on debian, you have to comment out the security section (ctasd-out.conf) - ctasd is now running as root and not as nobody:nogroup - but the service now starts and seems to work.

summary - take centOS - and it will work with postfix as well as qmail. take a different OS - check, if qmail is your mta and in most cases it will work under root.

cio derde0

outbound spam is working properly, only problem is OSSEC receive this error:

April 4 12:47:17 linux7 ctasd [27179]: Failed to open file "/tmp/qmail-ctasd/28220//1365072433.msg" - open file /tmp/qmail-ctasd/28220//1365072433.msg failed

the /tmp folder is full of files instead type: cteng_1_1_91364996054f.dat
is a configuration error?

I purchased Parallels Outbound AS, for a server that is no longer live. How do I go about ensuring that you're not going to bill me for it since it listed as recurring billing? You have no options for contacting you to cancel recurring billing, which is a violation of several countries laws.

Please provide information to allow me to cancel all such billings that I currently have with you.

Niki

I purchased Parallels Outbound AS, for a server that is no longer live. How do I go about ensuring that you're not going to bill me for it since it listed as recurring billing? You have no options for contacting you to cancel recurring billing, which is a violation of several countries laws.

Please provide information to allow me to cancel all such billings that I currently have with you.

Niki
I think it is question for sales representative. Have you contacted them?

Well, I would contact them if they bothered to provide any method of contacting them via email. But there is no method to contact them. Since the purchase was made online, there should be a method to contact them in a similar fashion. This level of customer service borders on the horrible level that Microsoft often provides.

At this point I will be doing a charge back for any further charges made by parallels, unless a method of contacting them via email, is provided.

With Premium Outbound Antispam enabled I cannot test Microsoft Outlook IMAP SMTP connections. If I turn off Premium Outbound Antispam, Outlook successfully tests both incoming and outgoing connections. After testing I can send email through Outlook without a problem. The only issue seems to be testing Outlook with Premium Outbound Antispam enabled. Thunderbird tests fine. I have tried adding email address to Whitelist and Bulk Senders list without success.

Sadly i still have the issue with the invalid license key using Plesk Panel 11.5.30 on Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS.
I tried the sollution provided by IgorG however the the "grep aps-3... " command resulted in returning an empty command prompt.

1234@56789:/# grep aps-3:key-body /etc/sw/keys/keys/XXXXXXXXX
1234@56789:/#

Does anyone have a solution.....please???

Looks like license was not correctly uploaded into Parallels Premium Outbound Antispam config file.
To fix the issue use the following steps (it is just example!):

1. Find current license code:

# cat /etc/ctasd/ctasd-out.conf |grep License_key_code
License_key_code = xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

2. Find uploaded PPOA license:

# ll /etc/sw/keys/keys/
total 24
-rw-rw---- 1 root swkey-data 2686 Sep 18 12:58 keyXXCbByWW
-rw-rw---- 1 psaadm swkey-data 4773 Sep 26 15:55 keyXXkqwm5S
-rw-rw---- 1 psaadm swkey-data 11878 Sep 26 15:54 keyXXt2rvYy

# grep aps-3:key-body /etc/sw/keys/keys/keyXXkqwm5S
<aps-3:key-body core:encoding="base64" core:type="binary">MDAwMVEwMjBWMDQxMlowNDFIMDY6MUUwMjM1QTgxNUM1MkJDNjxxxxxx</aps-3:key-body>

3. Decode PPOA license code:

# perl -MMIME::Base64 -le 'print decode_base64($ARGV[0])' MDAwMVEwMjBWMDQxMlowNDFIMDY6MUUwMjM1QTgxNUM1MkJDNjxxxxxx
0001Q020V0412Z041H06:1E0235A815Cxxxxxxxxx

4. Put correct license code to Parallels Premium Outbound Antispam config file:

# cat /etc/ctasd/ctasd-out.conf |grep License_key_code
License_key_code = 0001Q020V0412Z041H06:1E0235A815Cxxxxxxx

Sorry, there is no option to buy this at the link you provided and according to Parallels when I phoned, it is not available period.

Back