• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Parallels Premium Outbound Antispam

nucknuck

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

just got the RSS feed for MU#14 - Parallels Premium Outbound Antispam ...

Price? How to purchase?

I also want to know where to buy Parallels Premium Outbound Antispam...
Can someone post a link for more information please.

Strange! Parallels offers a new product via Autoupdate but is not able to sell it to their customers...

So this extension is commercial? Because when I installed and tried to active, an error appear about the license key...

I installed the Parallels Premium Outbound Antispam and also getting invalid license error. I spoke to plesk, they said to speak to my hosting provider who are resellers for my license, they said to speak to plesk..... the drama continues. So how does one obtain a license to use this?

just wondering why outbound spamfiltering is a commerical option. IMHO outgoing filtering should be a core component. I'm missing a simple feature like limiting amount of outgoing emails and such.

I believe that this option should not be paid for, should be free, want to charge for everything is not always good, especially if it is something as necessary for proper operation.

Hello,
I also have the problem with the key, that it appears to be invalid! I am very much worse, because you have to pay for the license and can not use the function. When can we expect with that you can use this?

Perpetual Licences and SUS

I have just been informed that if you are an old / long term customer with a SUS type licence you will not be able to buy any add on modules like the above as the sales model has been changed to a leasing model.

This of course is both more expensive and makes your SUS licences pretty much useless -

I have paid for Plesk for over 10 years and now can't get the extras I need, pretty bloody un-impressive!!

Thanks Parallels!

I just installed update #23 and I still have this problem. I have tried restarting plesk, restarting the spam service and neither works.

Is there something that I am missing here.

What exactly "neither works"?

What exactly "neither works"?

Sorry for any confusion.
The problem is that I can't get the service to start. I get the following error.

Error: The provided license key is invalid.

I was hoping that restarting the service or restarting plesk would help but neither of these restarts fixed the problem. I even tried to re-install the license from key administrator as well.

Presently I am all the way up to micro-update #23 and I was wondering if there was something else I needed to do besides installing the micro-update.

Sorry for any confusion.
The problem is that I can't get the service to start. I get the following error.

Error: The provided license key is invalid.

I was hoping that restarting the service or restarting plesk would help but neither of these restarts fixed the problem. I even tried to re-install the license from key administrator as well.

Presently I am all the way up to micro-update #23 and I was wondering if there was something else I needed to do besides installing the micro-update.

Looks like license was not correctly uploaded into Parallels Premium Outbound Antispam config file.
To fix the issue use the following steps (it is just example!):

1. Find current license code:

# cat /etc/ctasd/ctasd-out.conf |grep License_key_code
License_key_code = xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

2. Find uploaded PPOA license:

# ll /etc/sw/keys/keys/
total 24
-rw-rw---- 1 root swkey-data 2686 Sep 18 12:58 keyXXCbByWW
-rw-rw---- 1 psaadm swkey-data 4773 Sep 26 15:55 keyXXkqwm5S
-rw-rw---- 1 psaadm swkey-data 11878 Sep 26 15:54 keyXXt2rvYy

# grep aps-3:key-body /etc/sw/keys/keys/keyXXkqwm5S
<aps-3:key-body core:encoding="base64" core:type="binary">MDAwMVEwMjBWMDQxMlowNDFIMDY6MUUwMjM1QTgxNUM1MkJDNjxxxxxx</aps-3:key-body>

3. Decode PPOA license code:

# perl -MMIME::Base64 -le 'print decode_base64($ARGV[0])' MDAwMVEwMjBWMDQxMlowNDFIMDY6MUUwMjM1QTgxNUM1MkJDNjxxxxxx
0001Q020V0412Z041H06:1E0235A815Cxxxxxxxxx

4. Put correct license code to Parallels Premium Outbound Antispam config file:

# cat /etc/ctasd/ctasd-out.conf |grep License_key_code
License_key_code = 0001Q020V0412Z041H06:1E0235A815Cxxxxxxx

Igor Thanks alot.

I managed to get rid of the license error so I think that's fine now.

I still can't get the service to start properly though. I am still getting this error on the dashboard
Protection : Not active. There are some problems that prevent the service from being started.

I am still working on it, but i'm open to suggestions.

What sort of error you have after applying my fix when you start service manually?

# /etc/init.d/ctasd_initd start

What sort of error you have after applying my fix when you start service manually?

# /etc/init.d/ctasd_initd start

I don't get any error. This is the output

Starting Parallels Premium Outgoing Antispam: running ctasd from /opt/ctch/ctasd
Loading configuration file /etc/ctasd/ctasd-out.conf
[ OK ]

I however get [FAILED] when I try to stop it manually

Parallels Premium Outbound Antispam: Not active..some problems that prevent .. being

Hello,

I have the same problem on plesk 11.09 #23 on CentOS 6.3

The Outbound Antispam working properly with the same license key until I made an update (#21)

The Antispam did not start over with the following error message:
Protection: Not active. There are some problems That Prevent the service from Being started.

I am currently updating #23 and always the same problem

I check the license key as explained above by IgorG and the key it's OK

I tried the following commands:

/usr/lib64/plesk-9.0/mail_restore
and
/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk - with-spam

but it did not change the problem,

when I run the anti spam manually I is not error:

[root@ ~]# /etc/init.d/ctasd_initd start
Starting Parallels Premium Outgoing Antispam: running ctasd from /opt/ctch/ctasd
Kill previous ctasd daemon, pid=8945
[ OK ]

[root@ ~]# /etc/init.d/ctasd_initd restart
Stopping Parallels Premium Outgoing Antispam: [ OK ]
[ OK ]

But the interface still the same error
Protection: Not active. There are some problems That Prevent the service from Being started.

Back