• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Question Password changed after Add / remove product components

Z0mbiel0ne

New Pleskian
Hey i have a short Question,

after Installation new function over "Add / remove product components" my admin password was reset.

I tried to restore my backup that i created 5 minutes before. Sadly this not changed the password back to my old password.

Is it so that passwords or product components are not saved in the backup?

I reset my password via terminal, but thats extrem strange.

after Installation new function over "Add / remove product components" my admin password was reset.
This sounds very strange. There is no connection between "Add/remove product components" functionality and admin password change.

What about passwords in backups?

As an example I create a backup and change the admin's password after the backup. Then import the backup. Will my password be set to the old one? What about new features from "Add / remove product components".

I noticed that the function that I installed before restoring is still installed.

Back