• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Password incorrect for multiple mailenable mailboxes?

S

slampaq

Hello Everybody,

Since yesterday eveniging some of my customers experience problems with connecting to their Mailenable mailbox. In the pop3 log I see these messages:

06-04-07 22:25:43 ****** POPS ****** 444 +OK+Welcome+to+MailEnable+POP3+Server ZION 39 0 0

06-04-07 22:25:43 ******* POPS ****** 444 USER USER+info@****.nl +OK ZION 0 23 0

06-04-07 22:25:43 ******* POPS ****** 444 PASS PASS+* -ERR+Unable+to+log+on ZION 0 18 0

When I try to login with Horde I get the message: "Login failed".

But the passwords are not changed by myself nor my customers (which log should I check for this to be sure?). When I change the passwords myself back to the original value everything works fine again (we use Mailenable standard in combination with Plesk 7.5.6 for windows).

Does "ERR+Unable+to+log+on" mean the password is wrong or does it mean something else? How should I correct this problem without changing all the passwords manually?

Furthermore does anybody know where these mailbox settings are stored?

Thanks for any help.

Regards,

Koen

You can find mailbox settings in the %plesk_dir%\mail servers\mailenable\config folder.

Thanks for the reply.

I found out that several users where missing in the auth.tab file that apparently where there before??? I have no idea how that is possible. I restored a backup back of the auth.tab file and everything looks okay now. Thanks for the help.

Just to be complete (perhaps somebody can use it in the future): when I opened the mailbox in de Mailenable Administrator, it said something about a password that was lost, that got me into the direction of the auth.tab file where i found out that some users disappeared??

Back