• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Question Password Reminder Email

Hex

Regular Pleskian
Plesk Certified Professional
Hi,

How to customize the email notification for password reset?

No mention here:

Or in Tools and Settings>Notifications

Why I want to customize this template:

3N5rvy1sAx.png

I know that customizing the template may not close the problem but at least reducing the chance of bieng a spam by removing the hostname from title or change the words to something better (at least).

Any idea would be helpful.

5b0jyIpYJ1.png

Did I create the hostname subdomain without hosting?
Yes
Created noreplay@ email with hostname?
Yes
DMARC?
Yes
SPF?
Yes
Configured rDNS or PTR recored?
Yes (Main domain) from the provider.

Good idea but the sendmail script is preventinhg me from using hostname to send emails :
SMTP Error: [554] 5.7.0 The message could not be sent. You are not allowed to use sendmail utility.

Can you try this?: Go to Tools & Settings > Mail Server Settings > enable the Allow users and scripts to use Sendmail option.

You can't be serious. that's the formal answer.

Google consider Plesk password rest email as a fishing email. good luck with that.

I don't think Google considers the default password rest emails from Plesk as fishing by default. In my case password reset emails are being delivered without any issue in the inbox on my Gmail account. Haven't had any reports from customers either.

If you are still having delivery issues with the password reset email there is probably something not configured right. In my experience it's often down to the missing or wrong config of the rDNS or a reputation issue with an IP address.

I don't think Google considers the default password rest emails from Plesk as fishing by default
Why not, the body contain suspicious words like "password" "secret" "php?" and a non exist hostname email "no-replay@"

In my case password reset emails are being delivered without any issue in the inbox on my Gmail account. Haven't had any reports from customers either.
Maybe you clicked "Looks safe" red button in a busy day for once, and maybe your customers used to check the spam folder if nothing in inbox without complaining. or raising a support ticket for that.

missing or wrong config of the rDNS or a reputation issue with an IP address
Everything configured correctly as far I know.

Currently I will change the email and create a test account with new confgs to avoid any possible inconsistency.

I'm looking for the the template, too. I do not want it to use the server's hostname but rather one of my domain names. Can somebody tell me where to find the reset password mail template?

Back