• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Password Strength not gettting adjusted

nisamudeen97

Regular Pleskian
Hi,

One of my plesk client is not that tech savvy. He has only basic knowledge in IT related things. He has always getting trouble with email, FTP and plesk passwords. His request is to keep very low password strength with plesk , I have already done it. Meanwhile plesk mail is suggesting strong passwords always with Capital and special characters always even if we have configured "Very weak" password strength.

See the attached. Is there any possible work around? Or is it suppose to work like this. ?

Attachments

• password strength.png
    password strength.png
    70.6 KB · Views: 8
  • always has special chara.png
    always has special chara.png
    12.9 KB · Views: 8
  • special chara2.png
    special chara2.png
    9.7 KB · Views: 7
If you have enabled "Very weak" in Security Settings, you will be able to create very simple password for new mailbox, 'password' for example, despite red "Very Weak" alert there.
But you will not be able to create simple 'password' password if you change security setting to more strong level.

Hi,

To be frank My question is plesk is suggesting strong password always when I click on "generate" button even if I have "Very weak" in Security Settings.
See screen shots in my first update.

It will be great if plesk suggests weak passwords itself when we press "generate" that is my question.

It will be great if plesk suggests weak passwords itself when we press "generate" that is my question.
I do not think that it's a good idea to follow those who do not care about their safety in due measure.

Can you confirm "Generate Password" works on different static algorithm ?
I want to explain it better to client.

Last edited:
Tell them the server is going to always suggest a strong password because when their weak password is compromised you don't want to hear them blaming you. :rolleyes:

Back