• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

password strength setting not working

M

Matilda

Hi Guys,

Wondering if anyone has had any similar issue. We recently upgrade from 9x to 10x, have done all the updates, checked mysql for any corrupted tables, everything looks sweet.

In my main mail settings section, I have very weak password as the minimum but when I try add a new email account to a particular domain and use the password 'lnldjflk0sa' which shows as 'weak' it fails with the following error :

Unable to update the mail account properties: The password was rejected: it is not strong enough according to server security policy. Improve password strength by using numbers, upper and lower-case characters, and special characters like !,@,#,$ and so on

Randomly though, im not sure how or why it will accept the password, then thinking it is ok, I go into the second mailbox, paste the same password but it fails and i get the above message again.

Ive gone into the mail settings page again, set it high, apply, then set it to weak, apply, very weak, apply, it doesn't seem to matter. If I then use something like 'password123' which shows as medium it will accept it and works fine, even though the mail settings min password strength is set to very weak so 'lnldjflk0sa' should work all the same.

Im not sure if its a bug or something thats just not right in a setting somewhere. Has anyone experienced the same thing? is it possible just to disable the password strength checking altogether? Is there a field in a table in the database I can check to make sure it is actually set to very weak and not locked on medium?

any help appreciated.

Nathan.

I have the same problem .. did you find a fix for this?

It is sooo very annoying I really do not like this new panel.

Same problem here, any fix?
getting:
The password was rejected: it is not strong enough according to server security policy.

Used password: 24011634-KD13-1303

About 9 of 10 mailboxes with this password do work, I have no idea why...
Did you solve this?

Altec

Thanks, but I wont update Plesk at the moment, don't want to mess up my running system ;)

Nevertheless I did a workaround:
The problem was, that the username was part of that password ([email protected]).....
So I changed my script a little bit. (USERNAME = 40)
/mail -c [email protected] -passwd 24011634-KD13-1303
/mail --rename [email protected] -new USERNAME
First line creates a mail user [email protected], with the password I wanted to use.
Second line renames the created user from XYZ_USERNAME_ZUX_ to USERNAME.
While renaming, plesk seems not to check the password again, so, I got the username with the 'unsafe' password!

As i said, just a workaround ;)

Altec

Back