• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Patch Installation Error 2324. 2

G

gurab

:confused:

Running the patch on an up-to-date Win2K server box we see the following error dailogue during install:

internal Error 2324. 2, C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\Perl\html\site\lib\HTML\filter.html

the file in question is not seemingly present...

What does this mean?

Further to this.. it seems impossible to create a file called filter.html... the moment you save it or rename another to this it will vanish and whilst not visible, it will still be registered by windows as present (prevents folder deletion)....

.... any ideas whats going on? Alll very weird :-(

OK some searching reveals the possible meaning of the error code...

2324 Could not open file: [3] GetLastError: [2]

So, I have a file that cant be seen or interacted with but Windows still believes is there.... and ideas?

Outside of the upgrade we have had no issues with the PLESK 6.5 to speak of... was running fine till this point (besides all the known bugs that is).

Have you checked for permissions on the file? You said it created it, maybe it didn't add the right permissions or grabbed previous permissions that were invalid.

its not an issue really... I can copy any old file, rename it then the same happens... its something about that file name now.

I suspect that something has gone wrong with the update and the registry now is recording an invalid instance/entry for this file... whilst there is a reference to this file in the registry, I'm not sure what it does so have avoided deleting it as the server it is on is currenty live.

Whilst its not running with the patch, it is running... been down this road before with the updates... you end up chasing your tail as one thing breaks another until nothing works... and the backup restore is only beta still so.....

Have you found a fix for this. I have been having the same issue and Plesk support has been trying to find a fix but no go.

They recomended running a file system check, I did that 3 times, I even replaced a drive and raid card. Still no go. Any help would be great! Are there any other people with this issue?

Thanks!

Reinstall the machine is all I could do... nothing would eventually work, not the Windows updates the PLESK updates... so required a clean install.

My guess is that something go fouled during the PLESK install and it eventually caused the issues... just one of those things :(

Back