• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Issue Patch update failure

thinkingcap

Basic Pleskian
Was update 57 pulled or something, I get this across all servers.

E: Failed to fetch http://autoinstall.plesk.com/ubuntu/PSA_17.8.11/dists/xenial/all/binary-amd64/Packages.gz Hash Sum mismatch
E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.
Warning: there are errors in 'apt-get update'
Retrieving information about the installed license key...
Launching component and product checkers...
Downloading file PSA_17.8.11/examiners/disk_space_check.sh: 0%
Downloading file PSA_17.8.11/examiners/disk_space_check.sh: 100% was finished.
Checking whether the package dependencies are resolved.

ERROR: Warning: you have installed a patch which is newer than the one available in the selected installation source. Reinstalling or not installing the available patch while updating product components can break the product installation. To ensure the product will be operational after the update, specify an installation source with latest patches (for example, the official one). Cancelling installation and switching to installation source with latest updates is recommended.
You can use '--repatch' to force reinstallation of old patch.

Seeing something like this as well... My Plesk server downgraded itself from 17.8.11 #57 to 56 last night. Hmmm.... CentOS 7.6.1810 machine.

Try to fix it with command:

# plesk installer update --repatch

Seeing something like this as well... My Plesk server update with this profile plesk version
Product version: Plesk Onyx 17.8.11 Update #56
Update date: 2019/06/24 01:02
Build date: 2019/06/05 08:43
OS version: Ubuntu 18.04
Revision: 388af031cc753ceca2cd81d6db5847338429dd4b
Architecture: 64-bit
Wrapper version: 1.2
... and the same with;
~# plesk installer update --repatch

Plesk pushed update 58 last night, so we'll see if the server grabs the update tonight.

4 days later and 56 is still the current version. Weird...

Update: Saturday and still on 56.

Last yum update I did had this error before the update:

Not using downloaded PLESK_17_8_11-extras/repomd.xml because it is older than what we have:
Current : Thu Jun 13 07:20:30 2019
Downloaded: Wed May 8 06:30:23 2019​

Wondering if this is the reason updates are taking a week or more to show up.

Last edited:
#MU57 never installed automatically and I also tried it manually without succes, but in the meantime all my servers updatet automatically from #MU56 -> #MU58,

Plesk updated to 58 today on it's own. I noticed that OVH sets it's North American VPS servers with /etc/resolv.conf pointing at their dns server in France.

Editing the file and making the first nameserver 8.8.8.8 or 1.1.1.1 (for example) has done three things. Plesk is updating again, outbound email connects and delivers much faster and sites connect and resolve to external API services almost instantly.

No idea if this fixed the updating issue, but the results are great. Wonder if this should be a setting in the Plesk panel for those that don't want to dive into their /etc/resolv.conf file.

Last edited:
Back