• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved PECL doesn't work anymore?

Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.50.0
when trying to install some extension for php

/opt/plesk/php/8.2/bin/pecl install memcached
No releases available for package "pecl.php.net/memcached"

/opt/plesk/php/8.2/bin/pecl install apcu
No releases available for package "pecl.php.net/apcu"

/opt/plesk/php/8.1/bin/pecl install apcu
WARNING: channel "pecl.php.net" has updated its protocols, use "pecl channel-update pecl.php.net" to update
Could not download from "https://pecl.php.net/get/apcu-5.1.22.tgz", cannot download "pecl/apcu" (Connection to `ssl://pecl.php.net:443' failed: )
Error: cannot download "pecl/apcu"
Download failed
install failed

Is there anything to do because its not nice to not be able to install extension at all

root@optimusprime ~ # curl --output apcu-5.1.22.tgz https://pecl.php.net/get/apcu-5.1.22.tgz
% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
100 93926 100 93926 0 0 119k 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 119k
root@optimusprime ~ #

it work flawlessly so i dont know how the ingeneer cant reproduce it but me i have this bug.

There can be many reasons for blocked connections. This will probably need to be checked on your server. Asking Plesk support is always an option for it. Is a firewall in the way? Were there recent operating system changes/updates? It's not possible to tell from the forum post. This needs to be checked on the server.

i fix it myself, the people of plesk were not able to do it.

for the futur and posterity if someone need help with that i found the solution online :) and adapt it.

Code:
 Fix for Ubuntu 20.04, Openssl after upgrade if problem with PECL

# (Uninstall new version of openssl most like 1.1.1ish)
cd folder/where/you/download/install/the/new/version/
sudo make uninstall

# (Install compiling library Make)
sudo apt-get install make

# (Download the latest OpenSSL 1.0.2u binaries)
wget https://ftp.openssl.org/source/old/1.0.2/openssl-1.0.2u.tar.gz

# (Extract the tar ball to the local directory)
tar -xzvf openssl-1.0.2u.tar.gz

# (Enter extracted OpenSSL directory)
cd openssl-1.0.2u

#  (Configure binaries for compiling)
sudo ./config

# (install configured binaries)
sudo make install

# (This will create a sym link to the new binaries)
sudo ln -sf /usr/local/ssl/bin/openssl `which openssl`

# (Used to check the version of the Current OpenSSL binaries)
openssl version -v

should give this output.
OpenSSL 1.0.2u

i fix it myself, the people of plesk were not able to do it.
Could you please let me know your support ticket ID? It's hard to believe that Plesk engineers could not find a solution, so I'd like to check into the ticket to see what has happened with that support case. You did open a ticket, didn't you?

Thank you, I checked both tickets. The support engineers concentrated on solving the installation issues and were successful. Both are great experts I must say and very experienced. Stefan pointed out that there is a general OpenSSL issue on the server. As operating system configurations and maintenance are not scope of Plesk, it was correct that you went ahead and updated OpenSSL on your server to solve that. So after all, this was a perfect solution approach: For one, the specific requests were solved through support, second you were able to solve the underlying cause on the operating system level. So future installations will work on your system again.

Thank you, too, for letting us know your solution for the OpenSSL upgrade. This will help others a great deal when they run into a similar situation.

Back