• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Peers Certificate has Expired ??

marvin

Basic Pleskian
I have a Linux Centos VPS running Plesk Onyx. Recently I had to move my email client from Mac Mail to Thunderbird to get around an issue regarding email security (I was unable to send email due to account verification issues). While this is not the most 'elegant' of solutions I was able to receive and send email normally using Thunderbird until very recently.

That is until this morning. When I went to send an email I got an error message telling me a 'peers certificate' had expired. I've never struck this before. At first I wondered if it was anything to do with the AVG Security Suite I had recently installed (this was the first attempt to send email from this particular machine since I had installed AVG). However when I removed AVG the problem persisted.

So it would appear that the problem is on the mail server or Thunderbird (Mac Mail still works normally from other machines). Has anybody else had this? How did you fix it?

Attachments

• error-01.png
    error-01.png
    22.8 KB · Views: 10
I'm using Postfix. Under Preferences in Thunderbird I see that there s a security certificate for my mail server that 'expired' last month (actually it auto-renewed and then I renewed it again manually to 'prove' the point, but it seems TB just doesn't want to know...) ???

Just deleted this 'exception ', quit and restart TB and now it's sayign site is attempting to 'identify itself with invalid information'. TB cannot 'ontain identification status for this site'.

Oh... and it still wants its 'Peers certificate. Whatever that is...

Reinstalled Thunderbird on Mac, reinstalled Dovecot via command line AND in Plesk, checked other mail server settings... I have it working now on all computers and my wife's phone. I, however, am not receiving email on MY phone now...

BAH!!!

Back