• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

permanently Password reject for mail

D

die-andis

Good Morning,

after Upgrade from 10.4.4 to 11.0.9 the mailserver permanently reject all passwords. Reboot doesn´t help.

Plesk runs under Debian 6.0.5

best wishes
Andreas

Last edited by a moderator:
send Emails with SMTP works also fine, only IMAP doesn´t work

Check in your /etc/hosts and make sure you have the "localhost" record in there and MUST be only "localhost" and not localhost4,localhost6 etc

the localhost record in my /etc/hosts looks like this:

127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost

Make sure

Code:
/etc/init.d/courier-imap status

Is running and if its not, then

Code:
/etc/init.d/courier-imap start

I would like to help you, perhaps PM me or come chat with me on skype: thegreatseven

However, you can check to ensure that port 143 is open on your server and that there are no firewalls blocking it.
NB: By IMAP not working i assume u can't login to Horde too right?

yesterday i found a solution. I delete the configfile "imapd" and restore an old one. after restart courier-imap everything looks fine.

thanks for your help abdi

Back