• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Permenently deleting Plesk created files from terminal

Hi all -

I have Plesk 12.0 running on a CentOS 6.5 server.

The server recently ran out of diskspace. So entirely that I cannot access Plesk control panel - I receive the error detailed at kb.odin.com/en/117929. My disk usage is reported as follows:

#df -h
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/mapper/VolGroup-lv_root 13G 13G 0 100% /
tmpfs 939M 8.0K 939M 1% /dev/shm
/dev/vda1 485M 33M 427M 8% /boot

In order to free up space, I have been trying to delete files/directories by removing their hardlinks (rm -rf). I have removed three unneeded vhost directories, one unneeded mysql DB (via rm -rf /var/lib/mysql/XXX - above error prevents logging into mysql server) several archived log files (audit.log.1 etc). I have restarted the server, restarted nearly every service, searched for hardlinks/processes keeping files open using lsof | grep <inode> and find /path/to/mount/ -inum <inode>. Nevertheless, df -h stays stubbornly at precisely the same output as above.

What am I missing, oh internet?

Solved!

There was a runaway process writing junk data to the disk as soon as space was freed. Has been deleted.

It appears Plesk migration manager hung up trying to create mailnames in /var/qmail/mailnames/<migrated.domain> resulting in a 6.1GB file that grew every time is was allowed to.

Back