• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Permission Problems - Read Here!

A

Anjari

I spent two days trying to figure out this problem! So I wanted to post here and inform folks that may have this issue.

I had to uninstall and reinstall plesk...

When I would create domains the user could FTP into the account but kept getting errors when they would change a file/ delete file/etc...

I did find this noted in another post but it didnt specify this was a fix for this problem... So I will copy and paste it here!

From another post:
---------------------------

Once you setup a new domain with the Front Page Server extensions you need to go to the FP Webadmin using Plesk, click on the Manage Users link, click on the administrator user name link, leave the Administrator role selected and also select Advanced Author. Users tend to select Author but that won't do it. They need to select Advanced Author instead besides also having the Administrator role selected and click submit. Note that this happens even if you havn't installed Plesk. So this problem has nothing to do with Plesk.
Also the default .html file on the home directory doesn't always get overwritten since Front Page default publish is using the .htm file extension. Users sometimes forget about this and complain because the keep getting the default .html page. Remove the index.html file to solve this problem if you are publishing using ".htm" extensions for your pages.
--------------------------------

The only thing I had to do from this post was change the user to advanced author and it allowed them to change files via FTP again.

I hope this saves someone countless hours of work... Good Luck!!

Anjari

Back