• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question permissions for a new account, group psaserv or psacln?

ibertrix

New Pleskian
I have been requested to create a user account to be able to login directly under a subdomain like:

/var/www/vhosts/mydomain/mysubdomain

I have changed the home folder for that user.

But It doesn´t work with psacln, so unless I set the main group for the user as psaserv:

usermod -g psaserv newuser

I can´t login in that folder. Has that changed recently? What is the correct group?

The correct group ought to be psacln. But did you ever manage to manually create a home directory underneath the /var/www/vhosts/<domain> path this way? I doubt that it works, because the SSH access level for the path is the /var/www/vhosts/<domain> level. You are trying to nest accounts. The correct solution I think is to remove the subdomain from the subscription where it is and instead to create a separate subscription. There you can give the subscription user SSH access easily through the panel and won't have to worry about permissions.

You can create an SSH account and modify the home folder later in /etc/passwd

I have managed to do that only if I use psaserv as main group.

Back