• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Permissions issue

agaitan

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Almalinux 8
Plesk version and microupdate number
Hi I got issues with permissions I just migrated from a server a domain, i tried to repair perms but still wrong owner of the domain

What else I can do to fix?

Which PHP version is configured in that account? If it is PHP 8.x please try to downgrade to 7.x and try the restore again. Does it work then?

It have 7.4 even the public html is wrong, but via ssh I can see the correct files, also I reboot server but same errorScreenshot_20230101-132727.png

I think my response to your question above was to a different question that has now changed. I am not sure what is now being asked.

Oh this is another issue when I migrate from another server I got a diff owner than the original source, WordPress site doesn't works , i tried to fix perms but nothing

How did you do the migration process? Ending up with a different owner is normally the case when you tar the source and untar it on the target, because the user ids of the Linux user accounts will be different. Maybe you can describe what you are trying to migrate so that others or me can help you out what would be the best practice to accomplish your goal.

filemng: Failed to change directory to /var/www/vhosts/festival1540am.com/domains/festival1540am.com/public_html: Permission denied System error 13: Permission denied filemng: Failed to change directory to /var/www/vhosts/festival1540am.com/domains/festival1540am.com/public_html: Permission denied System error 13: Permission denied

Is that related to your post
?

In any case, information given is not enough to find the cause. I think that someone will need to look into the server and the migration process. Please open a ticket with official Plesk support:

1672779248528.png

it have wrong owner , if you see httpdocs and logs folder are ok correct owner should be 'festival'

I think as discussed in the other post there was a .tar or .tar.gz file thas was unpacked to that directory. This has user ids on the file that match a different user on the target than what they used to match on the source. You can try to change the user to the correct one like
Code:
# chown festival:psacln backups
etc. However, for the httpdocs folder it should be
Code:
festival:psaserv
(if we assume that "festival" is indeed the correct user and not the other one mentioned).

I think as discussed in the other post there was a .tar or .tar.gz file thas was unpacked to that directory. This has user ids on the file that match a different user on the target than what they used to match on the source. You can try to change the user to the correct one like
Code:
# chown festival:psacln backups
etc. However, for the httpdocs folder it should be
Code:
festival:psaserv
(if we assume that "festival" is indeed the correct user and not the other one mentioned).
That works thank you

Back