• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Permissions not responding

J

JoostB

Whenever I setup my service plan to disable a certain set of permissions, e.g.
- Additional FTP accounts management
- Open hosting operations in Server Administration Pane
- Password-protected directories management
The customer accounts are not responding to these permissions, the actions are still available in the GUI and I have no problems adding, for example, another FTP account.

Could this be a bug?

Last edited by a moderator:
I partially solved my problem, I noticed that when someone is logged in as root, they cant view another account that has different permissions without adding the root permissions to it. So every time you open a customer from the control panel, it will show everything and restrict nothing, you will have to login with the customer account separately. It's understandable, but it doesnt work that great if your trying to confirm that every setting is done properly, you'll have login/logout allot.

One thing hasn't been solved, I would like to disable the Websites & Domains > Secure Your Sites button, how should I fix this? I disabled "Hosting settings management" under permissions and "SSL support" under hosting parameters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back