• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Permissions problems running applications (asp.net, php, etc)

S

ShonnG

I am having problems getting web applications on any web site running. Clicking any of the links in the Test Pages section of a new site's default page pops up a login request. Clicking cancel then shows a 401.2 - Unauthorized error.

I used Procmon to track it down and the IWAM_plesk account doesn't have the correct access. It seems that although web sites are configured with IUSR_domain the app pool is under IWAM_plesk and that is the account used for access. Adding access to IWAM_plesk changes the error messages, usually to not having access to a file needed by the script processor.

I found a kb about adding permissions to the gac for asp.net but that only fixes access to the assemblies.

I tried running through all the reconfigurator steps without any success and it seems that it backs out any permissions that I had added including the gac fix. Is this a problem with running Plesk on 2008 R2? Is there a fix?

Thank you,
Shonn

Windows 2008 R2
Plesk 9.5.1

Make sure that for "plesk(default)(2.0)(pool)" default Identity is IWAM_plesk(default). For DefaultAppPool - NetworkService

plesk(default)(2.0)(pool) was already IWAM_plesk(default) and DefaultAppPool was ApplicationPoolIdentity. I changed DefaultAppPool to NetworkService but it didn't make a difference since all the web sites are configured to use plesk(default)(2.0)(pool).

IWAM_plesk(default) is a member of psacln

The httpdocs folder has the following permissions:
- IWAM_plesk(default) - list folder contents only
- ftp_subaccounts - delete
- {domain} - full
- IUSR_{domain} - list/read
- Administrators - full

sub files of httpdocs have:
- System - full
- {domain} - full
- IUSR_{domain} - read
- Administrators - full

The web site:
Anonymous access under IUSR_{domain}
App pool: plesk(default)(2.0)(pool)
Intergrated mode
path: d:\ServerData\Domains\{domain}\

running Procmon shows that it's using the app pool's credentials (IWAM_plesk(default)) to access the files. Since IWAM_plesk(default) or psacln don't have access to anything it's reverting to Basic Authentication.

I could tweak the permissions to make it work for existing domains but the reconfigurator seems to want it like this and any new domains would be broken.

Well. I think it would be better if you contact Parallels support team and they will check your permissions directly on your server.

Back