• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Permissions...

J

JVRudnick

I'd like some more info on permissions to be granted to web users...

First in the File Manager > Index.html page listing I see this when trying to change Permissions...

Administrators
Plesk IIS User (IUSR_macnair)
Plesk IIS WP User (IWPD_17(macnair))
Plesk Domain User (macnair)
SYSTEM

Normally, I would believe that a web user would be the Plesk IIS User (IUSR_macnair) item to give more permissions to, so that they can search and write to a dbase.

But who/what is this one - Plesk IIS WP User (IWPD_17(macnair))

??

Also, this is used on a w2k3 server, and I know how in IIS to give perms for all items on a site. IF I do that, ie if I log into the server itself via RDC, and make the changes that I want, then save same....will Plesk "recognize" those new perms and report back their current status in the CP? In other words, instead of changing over 90 pages in the CP for perms, can I "shortcut" the process and use IIS on the server itself to do that?

That would sure be MUCH shorter time wise....and easier too!

Jim

Hi there!

That stands for Plesk IIS Worker Process Identity Account and is related to Internet Information Server's application pool for that domain / user account.

Okay..thanks...so...

do I then have to give that account FULL perms just like the anonymous web user account too for the page to be able to write to a dbase?

Jim

no u dont have and i dont think it is recommended due to security reasons

Originally posted by JVRudnick
I'd like some more info on permissions to be granted to web users...

Also, this is used on a w2k3 server, and I know how in IIS to give perms for all items on a site. IF I do that, ie if I log into the server itself via RDC, and make the changes that I want, then save same....will Plesk "recognize" those new perms and report back their current status in the CP? In other words, instead of changing over 90 pages in the CP for perms, can I "shortcut" the process and use IIS on the server itself to do that?

That would sure be MUCH shorter time wise....and easier too!

Jim

I think you can set perms to files and folders in different ways but in any case it's "perms" and as it set in system it must be recognized by Plesk in same state.

Back