• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Personal FTP Backup Password, Security concern

davidonpda

New Pleskian
I am going to reference http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?261298-Backup-password

But start my own thread. I have marked the password protected option for the personal FTP location. I browse to the FTP manually, download the file, and there is no password. My concern, is that none of the files have any encrypted data in them either. I can read in plain text, all the configuration files. In fact, my SSL Certificates are in there with the private keys and everything.

Am I missing something, or does this function clearly not do what I thought that it did? I was anticipating that the files, while stored on FTP, would be secure from being downloaded and the information being compromised. Is it true, that this function ONLY makes it so that someone else cannot simply use the restore function and upload my config into their plesk panel?

Back