• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Personal FTP repository hang up

KirkM

Regular Pleskian
I have been using Plesk's Backup Manager to back my server up to an external location using the Personal FTP Repository feature. I have backed up to a site I have on another server and also used it with a NAS volume. Works great.

EXCEPT - When I try to use a GoDaddy storage volume for the ftp repository. I have it all set up with GoDaddy and I can use Fetch to get to it. I can also get to it with the ftp client in Dreamweaver and also when I open a terminal window and do an ftp <domain> command. I enter the username and password and it gets in fine.

But when I set it as the ftp repository in the Plesk backup manager, it just hangs when I hit the OK button. It doesn't error like when you have a bad username, password or domain / IP. It just seems to initiate the connection and then gets hung up and never confirms and saves the settings. If I purposely make a mistake in any of the parameters, it errors immediately as it should. However, with the proper credentials and site / IP, it starts the connection and then gets stuck.

There is nothing in any of the logs showing errors, which makes sense since this isn't an attempt to back up anything, it is just the connection verification during setting of the parameters.

Am I missing something with using a GoDaddy ftp storage volume with Plesk?

I use:
Plesk 11.0.9 Update #31
Godaddy storage FTP
----
I've met the same problem, the Plesk pannel just keep hang up when I config the FTP info(Godaddy storage).

I use mt(dv), after I get some help from there support, they told me that, this problem was caused by `ftp_filemng`, and just check here for that issue:
http://kb.parallels.com/en/7059

then, I try to run those below to have a test, and It just like what the issue said.
Note: Plesk 11.0 don't use the <FTP> command but the <Curl> command.
(SSH root)
>
curl ftp://www.onlinefilefolder.com --user <username>:<password>
It hang up again just like the Plesk pannel.
but if I add `--disable-epsv`
curl --disable-epsv ftp://www.onlinefilefolder.com --user <username>:<password>
it works good.
----
So I made the step that issue told, but both the (Plesk Panel 9.2.3) and (Plesk Panel 9.5.4) did not worked in the end.
----
BTW, I can see the error log here: /var/log/sw-cp-server/error_log

if any other person or the Plesk offical support solve this proplem, please replay me here, many thanks.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-01-01 at 4.29.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-01-01 at 4.29.09 PM.png
    217.7 KB · Views: 7
  • Screen Shot 2013-01-01 at 4.30.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-01-01 at 4.30.23 PM.png
    100.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I can verify that disabling espv does work with the command line test:

curl --disable-epsv ftp://www.onlinefilefolder.com --user <username>:<password>

So we know the issue is epsv and the fix for 9.x doesn't work in Plesk 11.x. Anyone have a way to fix this? I would hope that Parallels will fix it in the next MU. I am going to file a bug report with them now.

Same problem (Hetzner).
Personal FTP repository have already been set up before, and had no problems.
But (approximately) in the second half of December, everything was running very slow, the repository is opened 3-5 minutes.

I also am on a mt(dv) server trying to backup to a Godaddy server. My previous backups are still working properly, but as stated above, I haven't been able to create new connections since December. Would like to hear word on a resolution to this issue. Thanks.

I am trying to change Personal FTP Repository Settings through ... However, every time I try, the Parallels Plesk Panel (PP) server just hangs. ... Please remember to back up the old file and correct the permissions.

for more details click here

Back