• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Pestashop install file keeps returning

RikMK

New Pleskian
Hey guys,

I'm trying to set up a new prestashop webshop to test if it is a good replacement for our current webshop.
We have a plesk VPS running Prestashop 1.7.8.1.

After some initial hurdles we have the shop up and running and all modules and (remote) backups are running well. (plesk standard backup + acronis backup)

One issue remains;
The install folder keeps returning every night between 0400 and 0700 am.
The backend is not accessible when this folder is present, so you can and must safely delete it.

However every day we need to delete it again to access the BO.
I am by no means an expert, so I might be missing something obvious here...
Any clues on where to start searching?

All other settings work as expected. No log files are created after the install folder is placed back, so I wonder if it has to do with the backups that maybe unwillingly place this folder back?
extra info: also the favicon is not stored properly and is replaced by the original prestashop favicon over night.

Tnx up front!

Found the solution:
It appears the application of Prestashop is not working as intended:
I found out the auto update process does not work and causes the install folder to be replaced over night. A few errors with permission denied came up during the update process even though permissions in said folders were set to 755.

I tried manually updating prestashop which worked without issues. (see here: How to upgrade PrestaShop )
No more install folder the next day, as well as the favicon issue is gone.

The prestashop application however still says prestashop has to update from 1.7.8.1 to 1.7.8.2.
Not sure where to mention this bug though. Is it made by the PLESK devs or Prestashop?

Back