• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

PF Usage at 1.65GB

S

SupermanInNY

If you ever look at the Windows Task Manger
you will see under the Performance Tab
the CPU Usage and teh PF Usage.
I have them both running very high.
The CPU is almost constantly running at 100%
and the PF Usage is now (while I'm writing) has climbed up to
1.76 GB!

Usually it stands at 400MB,but every now and then it picks to this high Usage.

Any suggestions what is going on?

Thanks,

-Alon.

How many domains do you have? On the processes tab, can you tell which process is consuming a lot of memory? How many w3wp.exe processes do you see running and how much memory is taken by each?

Originally posted by jaytee
How many domains do you have? On the processes tab, can you tell which process is consuming a lot of memory? How many w3wp.exe processes do you see running and how much memory is taken by each?

I have 7 domains,. of which only two of them are active.

One of them is very active - has an Invision board forum with about 220 concurrent users.

But,. that spike that happens once or twice a day is not clear to me.

The level of users is consistent almost throughout the entire day,. sometimes dropping to the 180.
But the PF is jumping sometimes when we have only 150 users.

The most consuming process that I have is by far the mysql-nt file. I had to reboot the machine to 'flush' the slow action of the server, so I don't know now how many processes were there with the w3wp.exe I will look into it tomorrow or the next day.

-Alon.

It is known that SpamAssasin is sometimes eats much of CPU (perl.exe).

Also when Plesk statistics.exe runs it eats much of CPU.

And some web scripts may be a cause of that too (large DB tables complex sql queries, etc.)

Also it may be caused by virus activities...

Check event logs is a good idea too.

Actually this is not good 'cause all server functionality becomes very very slow. (sometimes only hardware upgrade resolves this). :)

Originally posted by visupport
It is known that SpamAssasin is sometimes eats much of CPU (perl.exe).

Also when Plesk statistics.exe runs it eats much of CPU.

And some web scripts may be a cause of that too (large DB tables complex sql queries, etc.)

Also it may be caused by virus activities...

Check event logs is a good idea too.

Actually this is not good 'cause all server functionality becomes very very slow. (sometimes only hardware upgrade resolves this). :)

We disabled SpamAssin a while back.
I have a script that kill statistics.exe every half an hour as I don't know what times it runs - it was killing our CPU.

We do have a heavy forum running so I know why the CPU is breaking a sweat.
The only thing that I don't know what is happening is:

PF Usage

That one is the mistery for me, as it goes up and down even when I have few users, and other times when I have full load of users.. it is still keeping a low level, so something, some process is triggering it ,. and I just don't know what it is.

-Alon.

An exact time statistics.exe process is launching - CP - Server- Scheduler Manager - Statistics Calculation task properties.

There is a xml-format file named root (as well as other files for domain schedules) that stores the Plesk scheduler information (%plesk_dir%/schedules).

May be it causes this PF growth. If you don't want use statistics feature just turn of logging for every your website in IIS (and delete IIS log files located at %systemroot%/system32/logfiles.

Because PF increases if there is a huge file (stream) processed by CPU that don't fit in server's RAM.

Originally posted by visupport
An exact time statistics.exe process is launching - CP - Server- Scheduler Manager - Statistics Calculation task properties.

There is a xml-format file named root (as well as other files for domain schedules) that stores the Plesk scheduler information (%plesk_dir%/schedules).

May be it causes this PF growth. If you don't want use statistics feature just turn of logging for every your website in IIS (and delete IIS log files located at %systemroot%/system32/logfiles.

Because PF increases if there is a huge file (stream) processed by CPU that don't fit in server's RAM.

RAM!!!!
That's where the problem I believe was.
My Virtual RAM was set to min of 765MB and Max of 1200MB
I've changed it to Min of 2000MB and Max or 4000MB and it is smooth sailing since.

-Alon.

where did you make this change? we are having a similar problem.

Back