• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Photo Gallery Search Problem

eastcoast

Basic Pleskian
I have a Photo Gallery page with 2 categories. If you click on the link to a category you get all the photos (multiple pages) but if you click on the category in the dropdown category menu you don't get any photos unless you have a photo with "search" in the photo name. If you remove the word "search" from the search window on the left it displays all the photos. In other words if the word "search" is not removed a search takes place looking for a photo containing the word "search". How can I remove the word "search" from the search window and, ideally, place it beside the search window ? Thanks.

Actually, behavior is correct and made by design but I understand what you are talking about.

1. When you click on the category name you get right into the category and all images for this category are displayed.
2. When you select category from listbox (drop-down menu) you just select one of the parameters for search. By default search field contains "Search" word (so customers understand that this field is for search) and if you do not re-define it you will get search result for ''Search' word.

As a workaround in this case you can try to remove "Search" word from locale definition in following files:

/usr/local/sitebuilder/resources/locale/en_US/Modules/ImageGallery/Frontend.lng:search = "Search"
/usr/local/sitebuilder/resources/locale/en_US/Modules/ImageGallery/Frontend.lng:searchImage = "Search"
/usr/local/sitebuilder/resources/locale/en_US/Modules/ImageGallery/Category/List.lng:search = "Search"
/usr/local/sitebuilder/resources/locale/en_US/Modules/ImageGallery/Images/List.lng:search = "Search"

This will affect image gallery only. Just leave it this way: search = "" instead of search = "Search"

Try it and let me know if it's ok for you.

Back