• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue WP Page Editor display issue.

Bricee

New Pleskian
Hello Everyone

I am using Plesk Obsidian for Windows Server 2016.

I created a new site in WP Toolkit and imported an existing site from another domain.

I had to deal with a lot of file permissions errors initially but now everything seems to be ok except for the issues below.

I have a problem with the Page Editor displaying with the left hand navigation menu rendering as if the items are shortcuts. I have attached an image to show what appears.

I'm fairly sure it's a file permissions related issue, because I have had a lot of issues from the start of this site. When I click on tools file editor I get the following message and no file structure (image "Editor"). When I open a page for editing I get the results shown in ("editor3" and "editor1")

Can anyone help me with this as I have run out of ideas.

Attachments

• Editor.jpg
    Editor.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 6
  • editor1.jpg
    editor1.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 4
  • editor3.jpg
    editor3.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 5
Certainly! It seems like the issue you're facing might be related to file permissions. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and resolve the problem:

1. **Check File and Folder Permissions:**
- Ensure that the file and folder permissions for your WordPress site are correctly set. Typically, directories should have permissions set to 755, and files to 644.
- You can use FTP or the file manager in Plesk to adjust these permissions.

2. **Check Ownership:**
- Confirm that the files and directories are owned by the correct user. They should be owned by the same user that your web server (e.g., Apache or Nginx) runs as.

3. **Reset WordPress File Permissions:**
- You can use the following commands via SSH to reset permissions:
```bash
find /path/to/your/wordpress/install/ -type d -exec chmod 755 {} \;
find /path/to/your/wordpress/install/ -type f -exec chmod 644 {} \;
```

4. **wp-config.php File:**
- Ensure that your `wp-config.php` file is properly configured, especially the database connection details.

5. **Check for Plugin/Theme Conflicts:**
- Deactivate all plugins and switch to a default theme (e.g., Twenty Twenty-One) to see if the issue persists. If it doesn't, then reactivate plugins and theme one by one to identify the conflicting element.

6. **Plesk Repair Kit:**
- In Plesk, you can use the "Repair Kit" to automatically fix file permissions. Navigate to "Websites & Domains" > "Repair Kit" and run the repair.

7. **Logs:**
- Check the error logs for your website, both in Plesk and in the WordPress installation. They might provide more specific information about the issue.

Back