• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

php 5.2 plesk 8.6

S

serverselite

I upgraded to plesk 8.6 and everything is working fine with no issues except one of the main reasons why I upgraded. for some reason php 5.2 is not installed or at least not showing up. I still have 4.4, I upgraded because it said it was installed and you could choose which one you wanted to use but as of now its still not there.

Is there an easy way to add php 5.2 to the plesk install so both versions are available? I even created another account and domain to see if it would be available on new installs but still nothing only 4.4

I have plesk 8.6 on a windows 2003 server running websites only.

Sure could use some help with this one

I upgraded to plesk 8.6 and everything is working fine with no issues except one of the main reasons why I upgraded. for some reason php 5.2 is not installed or at least not showing up. I still have 4.4, I upgraded because it said it was installed and you could choose which one you wanted to use but as of now its still not there.

Is there an easy way to add php 5.2 to the plesk install so both versions are available? I even created another account and domain to see if it would be available on new installs but still nothing only 4.4

I have plesk 8.6 on a windows 2003 server running websites only.

Sure could use some help with this one

ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS?

Afaik Use Windows / System/ Software

then choose Plesk and change. There you can change the installed components of Plesk and so php.

Sorry for my bad english.

Greets LaFo

thanks for the reply. I did what you said but getting error right when about to install php 5 from the change in add remove programs under plesk 8.6 error states internal error 2718 and then it just quits the install.

anyone have an idea what this might be?

I am afraid if I uninstall it that will be to diffacult to reinstall. I dont want it to have any issues with all the other sites I have installed etc.

is there an option to reinstall it. Also can I install php 5.2 manually just like it would be if I installed though the cnage option in control panel? or would it mess it up if I added 5.2 manually?

You can add it manually to the system but I dont think plesk will see it as being installed - ie it wont be int he drop downs when you create sites. You could try doing it manually and then going through the plesk installer like is mentioned above and see if it adds it in if it can detect its there.

If you installed it with PHP5 (or use the change option) it should provide you with the ability for each domain to select the version of PHP to use under the Setup tab for the domain.

Back