• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue PHP 7.4 mbstring

AdamiPL

New Pleskian
Hi there..
I have latest updated Plesk installation on my hetzner.com dedicated server on centos..

i have got a problem with:

Code:
PHP message: PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'mbstring.so' (tried: /opt/plesk/php/7.4/lib64/php/modules/mbstring.so (/lib64/libonig.so.5: file too short), /opt/plesk/php/7.4/lib64/php/modules/mbstring.so.so (/opt/plesk/php/7.4/lib64/php/modules/mbstring.so.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)) in Unknown on line 0

as far as i can see there's an mbstring module already installed.

Code:
yum install plesk-php74-mbstring

Failed to set locale, defaulting to C

Loaded plugins: fastestmirror

Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile

* base: mirror.alpix.eu

* epel: mirrors.n-ix.net

* extras: mirror.ratiokontakt.de

* updates: mirror.alpix.eu

Package plesk-php74-mbstring-7.4.8-1centos.7.200710.1403.x86_64 already installed and latest version

Nothing to do

the module mbstring.so it's available in

/opt/plesk/php/7.4/lib64/php/modules/

Screenshot 2020-08-08 at 13.58.10.png

i have tried to uninstall & install back.. any suggestions what should i do?

Best regards,
Adam..

Plesk PHP 7.4. support "mbstring" and its enabled, see phpinfo. You can access this in "PHP Settings for yourdomain" and click on "View the phpinfo() page".

In your error message he tried to access "mbstring.so.so" which of course not exists.

Can you provide the line of code, which causes the problem?

Hello,

It seems you have problems with /lib64/libonig.so.5 (it required by mbstring.so). I recommend to try to reinstall the package oniguruma: yum reinstall oniguruma, or yum install oniguruma, in case you have too old version

Hello,

It seems you have problems with /lib64/libonig.so.5 (it required by mbstring.so). I recommend to try to reinstall the package oniguruma: yum reinstall oniguruma, or yum install oniguruma, in case you have too old version

looks like it works... many many many thanks!!

Back