• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

PHP as CGI not working

curts

New Pleskian
I have Plesk 8.2 for Windows (new install)
On a test site, I have PHP 4.4.7 support selected.
When I have "run as ISAPI extension" checked, the php files work properly.
When I uncheck run as ISAPI extension, refreshing/navigating to a php file brings up a dialog box "Connecting to <domainname>.com" asking for username and password.
I have a Plesk 8.1 for Windows server that php files work fine on as CGI/FastCGI.

I haven't been able to find the configuration difference yet.
It does the same thing when I select PHP Version 5.2.3 (run as ISAPI extension is required to allow php pages to be shown)

What am I missing?
Where should I look?

I found this:
http://kb.swsoft.com/en/2087
which is having to do with Plesk being installed in location where spaces are in name (c:\Program Files\SwSoft\plesk).
My server is x64 and plesk is located in
C:\Program Files (x86)\SWsoft\Plesk\
I tried suggested workaround, but PHP still does not work without "run as ISAPI Extension".

http://kb.swsoft.com/en/2087 had the workaround to add the following to disksecurity.xml.

<Entry AccounType="1" Account="Psacln" Path="C:\Program Files" AceFlags="ThisFolderAndSubfolders" AccessMask="FullAccess" EntryFlags="0x1"/>

<Entry AccounType="1" Account="Psacln" Path="C:\Program Files\Common" AceFlags="ThisFolderAndSubfolders" AccessMask="0x0080" EntryFlags="0x2"/>

I had previously tried this, but with a path of "C:\Program Files (86)" and it did not work.
When I added these two entries exactly as above, ran the Plesk Reconfigurator --> Check disk permissions, php files started working as expected.

Back