• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

PHP Cache (APC) with vhosts

kapale

New Pleskian
Hi,

I've installed APC php cache on my ubuntu 10.04 / Plesk 11 server. On my server I have several clients and domains (vhosts) and FastCGI for PHP activated.

In general apc cache "works". The problem I have is that APC gets restarted ever 10sec - 1:30min and is loosing his cache.

It looks like that this behavior is a result of the fact that each client runs php with the corresponding user. Therefore each client ("domain") has its own APC instance.
Furthermore the php-process for that specific user gets terminated after a few seconds when no new page view is requested and therefore APC gets terminated and is loosing his cache.

I was wondering if anyone can give me an advice how to configure plesk/my server/php/apc in order to be able to use APC.

So far I see only the possibility to have php run as a shared user. This would be an security risk of course...

I'm kind of stucked. I'm using several CMS like Magento/TYPO3/Joomla/Wordpress which would greatly benefit if I could use APC.
I also read that eAccelerator could work, but would be way less powerful than APC or xcache...

As mentioned, any ideas are welcome!

Back