• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Php cli + ssh chroot

futureweb

Regular Pleskian
Php cli + ssh chroot (solved)

Hey there,

I got a little Problem with SSH CHROOT - I need CLI PHP in some of our SSH CHROOT.
So far so good - PHP binary, some libraries ... and everything looks good.

But there is one weird thing - everytime I start PHP on CLI I get this error: No entry for terminal type "linux";
And I just can't figure it out how to get rid of this error?

Hope someone here can help me on this

Thank you
Andreas Schnederle-Wagner

Last edited:
Andreas are you running php with full cgi-path? ie /usr/bin/php -f <full-path-to>

Hi,

same error if calling "php" or "/bin/php" - guess "/bin/" is in ENV PATH in chroot ...

Andreas

You may have to switch those users to /bin/bash (Domain settings). Since that errors indicates loading php on a linux terminal which is not existant.

Well - under Domain settings I got "/bin/bash (chrooted)" - no idea why PHP thinks it runs on linux Terminal!
And I found some other problems - all shared PHP Modules are not loaded into chrooted PHP etc. etc. etc.

Anyone got PHP running without problems in Plesk CHROOT environment? Maybe some tips how to do?

thank you

Was able to get rid of the "no entry for terminal type" error by copying the terminfo into chroot
(/var/www/vhosts/DOMAIN/lib/terminfo/*)

I guess this implies no security threat, or?

But still the problem with all the PHP modules - guess I have to pick every and also put it into chroot?
With big troubles when updating PHP on Server ... every chroot env needs PHP / PHP Modules update too then?

Andreas

Last edited:
alright ... for everyone who want's to do the same:

I compiled an extra PHP Version for CLI:
'./configure' '--prefix=/usr/local/php5318-cgi' '--with-config-file-path=/usr/local/php5318-cgi/etc' '--with-config-file-scan-dir=/usr/local/php5318-cgi/php.d' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr/local/php5318-cgi' '--with-png-dir=/usr/local/php5318-cgi' '--build=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu' '--host=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu' '--target=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu' '--cache-file=config.cache' '--with-libdir=lib64' '--disable-debug' '--with-pic' '--disable-rpath' '--with-pear' '--with-bz2' '--with-curl' '--with-freetype-dir=/usr' '--enable-gd-native-ttf' '--without-gdbm' '--with-gettext' '--with-gmp' '--with-iconv' '--with-pspell' '--with-pcre-regex' '--with-zlib' '--with-layout=GNU' '--enable-exif' '--enable-ftp' '--enable-magic-quotes' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-sysvsem' '--enable-sysvshm' '--enable-sysvmsg' '--enable-wddx' '--enable-ucd-snmp-hack' '--with-unixODBC' '--enable-shmop' '--enable-calendar' '--without-sqlite' '--with-libxml-dir=/usr' '--with-apxs2=/usr/sbin/apxs' '--with-mysql' '--with-gd' '--enable-dom' '--disable-dba' '--without-unixODBC' '--enable-pdo' '--enable-xmlreader' '--enable-xmlwriter' '--with-pdo-mysql' '--enable-mbstring' '--with-mysqli' '--with-xsl' '--with-kerberos' '--with-openssl' '--with-imap' '--with-imap-ssl' '--enable-soap'

so whole php is located at "/usr/local/php5318-cgi/" ... then I had to copy severy lib64 libraries to the chroot - and now I got a working PHP install with all needed featues under my chroot

Back