• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue PHP Composer does not recognize json file

f0rtem

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
centos-7.9-x86_64
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Web Admin Edition 18.0.51 Update #1
Hey,

I am trying to install FFMPEG on my server, and I am trying to do that using PHP Composer.

My composer.json file that is in the server's root .composer folder has:
JSON:
{
    "require": {
        "php": ">=7.0",
        "ffmpeg-php/ffmpeg-php": "^0.14.0"
    },
    "config": {
        "allow-plugins": {
            "plesk/composer-command-info": true
        }
    }
}

Then I go to Websites & Domains > PHP Composer > Scan. Simply nothing happens. I tried restarting the server, but it doesn't help. Maybe someone is facing the same issue and could give me advice on what I can do about it?

PHP Version: 8.2.4.

I've only recently started using Composer so I'm still very very much new to it (I still remember having to download the zip files, extract the PHP files, and upload manually while manually making sure everything met the requirements and such) but iirc your web host settings would need to be pointing to the /public directory before composer picks up anything, at least that's what I had to do for a few applications I was installing that utilized composer before it was picked up.

The Plesk composer function scans for any composer.json file that's inside the domains document root or any directories inside the document root. The document root being the /httpdocs directory by default (but could be another directory if configured differently or when using a sub domain or add-on domain).

Last edited:
The Plesk composer function scans for any composer.json file that's inside the domains document root or any directories inside the document root. The document root being the /httpdocs directory by default (but could be another directory if configured differently or when using a sub domain or add-on domain).
I have tried changing directories, putting it pretty much everywhere where it would make sense, didn't worked. I guess the extension has such a **** rating for a reason :D. Installed via ssh console instead.

Back