• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

php errors will not display

D

Duckington

PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE
Parallels Plesk Panel 10.4.4, CentOS 5

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION
When there is any kind of error in my php files the error messages are not displayed, nor do they seem to be logged. (I have checked the error log in my domain, but it is not updating with the messages).

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
I've go into my domain and to PHP Settings and changed "error reporting" to "E_ALL" and "display errors" to "on", I have also then tried restarting Plesk via SSH. But the errors still are not displayed.

I've also tried editing the /etc/php.ini file and changing the display_errors to "on" and again restarting Plesk, however they are still not being displayed, and when I view my phpinfo() I see the in the "local" column the errors are set to be displayed, bu in the "master" column they are still "off", even though I have checked the php.ini file again and they should defintely be on.

ACTUAL RESULT
Errors are not displayed on page, I just get a white page instead. This is any kind of error, so it could be syntax or it could be a problem opening a stream, etc...

EXPECTED RESULT
The error messages to be output to the page

We have already submitted bugreport regarding this issue. I have updated it with your case. I hope it will be fixed soon.

POSSIBLE TEMPORARY WORKAROUND:

In Panel GUI set error_reporting to custom value and enter numeric value (i.e. 6135)

"Setting error_reporting in your VirtualHost has to be done through a numerical value which is the result of the options you choose summed up from the values of these options, as defined on the constants page for the error management functions: http://www.php.net/manual/en/errorfunc.constants.php

As a result, E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE would be set this way (this automatically excludes E_DEPRECATED AND E_USER_DEPRECATED):
php_value error_reporting 6135

whereas E_ALL (excluding the deprecated levels) would be set this way:
php_value error_reporting 6143

The difference between those two values is 8, which is the value of the constant for E_NOTICE.

Back