• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

php.ini

V

viruseater

I've done some searching, and I'm not finding the answer to my problem, although I do see suggestions for fixes that don't exist.

I need to raise the memory allocation to 16mb for PHP. I've edited the stinkin php.ini file, and i've searched everthing i could think of. No matter what I do, it remains 8MB both local and global.

This has got to be something I'm missing, but for the life of me I can't find it.

Any help is appreciated. What I'm really looking for is what ini file sets those variables. It's definitely not the /etc/php.ini because that's been changed, and restarted.

Create a file called phpinfo.php, with just the following in it:

<?php phpinfo() ?>

Access that via the web and check what the "Configuration File (php.ini) Path" value is - that is what controls PHP. Ensure you restart httpd aftertwards.

That's precisely what boggles me.

I'm familiar with the infopage, and it SAYS /etc/php.ini

But, I've changed the value to 16 in that file, and restarted. Nothing changed, so I went as far as restarting the whole server. No dice.

Since then I've gone in 4 or 5 times thinking I must have missed it or been looking somewhere else.

I just don't understand how that's even possible

For my servers it worked (/etc/php.ini), but in psa you have one more php.ini:

/usr/local/psa/admin/conf/php.ini

Is that the right one?

You did, of course, remember to restart apache after changing the values in php.ini, right?

As long as the right php.ini is being changed, it should work. We were able to change this on ours with no problem.

You are sure that you edited /etc/php.ini?
There might be more php.ini-files like /etc/php.ini.rpmnew.

Be sure that 'cat /etc/php.ini | grep memory_limit' only returns one line and memory_limit = 16M.

Originally posted by Who-m3
You did, of course, remember to restart apache after changing the values in php.ini, right?

Please read with "open eyes" ....

But, I've changed the value to 16 in that file, and restarted. Nothing changed, so I went as far as restarting the whole server. No dice.

So he restarted the whole server .... ;):D

Regards Outi

Back