1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

php.ini

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by viruseater, Feb 13, 2005.

1. viruseater

viruseater Guest

I've done some searching, and I'm not finding the answer to my problem, although I do see suggestions for fixes that don't exist.

I need to raise the memory allocation to 16mb for PHP. I've edited the stinkin php.ini file, and i've searched everthing i could think of. No matter what I do, it remains 8MB both local and global.

This has got to be something I'm missing, but for the life of me I can't find it.

Any help is appreciated. What I'm really looking for is what ini file sets those variables. It's definitely not the /etc/php.ini because that's been changed, and restarted.

2. Cranky

Cranky Guest

Create a file called phpinfo.php, with just the following in it:

<?php phpinfo() ?>

Access that via the web and check what the "Configuration File (php.ini) Path" value is - that is what controls PHP. Ensure you restart httpd aftertwards.

3. viruseater

viruseater Guest

That's precisely what boggles me.

I'm familiar with the infopage, and it SAYS /etc/php.ini

But, I've changed the value to 16 in that file, and restarted. Nothing changed, so I went as far as restarting the whole server. No dice.

Since then I've gone in 4 or 5 times thinking I must have missed it or been looking somewhere else.

I just don't understand how that's even possible

4. alex042

alex042 Guest

Which variable are you trying to change?

5. viruseater

viruseater Guest

memory_limit 16M

6. niel

niel Guest

For my servers it worked (/etc/php.ini), but in psa you have one more php.ini:

/usr/local/psa/admin/conf/php.ini

Is that the right one?

7. Who-m3

Who-m3 Guest

You did, of course, remember to restart apache after changing the values in php.ini, right?

8. niel

niel Guest

I guess he hadn't, did it work viruseater? ;)

9. alex042

alex042 Guest

As long as the right php.ini is being changed, it should work. We were able to change this on ours with no problem.

10. Hultenius

Hultenius Guest

You are sure that you edited /etc/php.ini?
    There might be more php.ini-files like /etc/php.ini.rpmnew.

Be sure that 'cat /etc/php.ini | grep memory_limit' only returns one line and memory_limit = 16M.

11. Outlaw

Outlaw Guest

Please read with "open eyes" ....

So he restarted the whole server .... ;):D

Regards Outi