• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved PHP Mail is not signed with DKIM

Matt_Hill

New Pleskian
Hello,

When I send email from the Round Cube web client, the email is signed signed with DKIM.

However when a website sends email via PHP mail it is not signed with DKIM.

Product: Plesk Onyx 17.0.17 Update #3

How can i ensure PHP mail also gets signed with DKIM?

Thank you for any advice.

Hi Matt_Hill,

DKIM - signatures are only added, when you use SMTP - authentification ( the DKIM - feature would be pretty useless, if there would be no authentification at all :p ).

I'm Confused @UFHH01 -- DKIM is signing all our outbound PHP mail in Plesk 12.5 with CentOS 6.8, which is why our site's email to GMail and Yahoo get through (along with SPF and DMARC signing), so this is something that doesn't work in Onyx?

We're about to upgrade to Onyx and this would be a huge issue as our invoices are mailed using PHP mail and need to get through the GMail filters which weigh heavy on DKIM.

Hi themew,

have a quick look at => #11 <= to see how easy it is to replace the anonymous PHP - mail usage, even with an external account as for example from "OFFICE365". The example can be used on EVERY site on your server and would just replace the ( anonymous ) PHP Mail usage.
If you modified your webspace content and used DKIM - signing before, you should consider to inspect your log - files for ( possible errors/issues/failures ) and you should be aware, that the previous usage of DomainKeys has now being replaced with DKIM on Onyx. You may just have to replace the previous public key for the domain - specific DomainKeys with the new one for DKIM and don't forget, that your server might not be the initial DNS - server for your registered domain... it might be necessary to edit the DNS settings over the nameserver - control - panel at your domain registrar! ;)

Hi Matt_Hill,

DKIM - signatures are only added, when you use SMTP - authentification ( the DKIM - feature would be pretty useless, if there would be no authentification at all :p ).

Ah yes very true.

So for example on the PHP config the sendmail_path is /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i

Can i make that authenticate and sign with DKIM? so the signing is transparent to any PHP scripts?

I'm wanting email's from a Magneto powered website to be signed. It doesn't look like that is possible to define an external SMTP server on Magento without a 3rd party plugin. An option seems to be there, for Windows hosts only though.

Hi Matt_Hill,

... I have no idea, why you don't consider to use a "third party" extension and I doubt, that someone here will create/write one for you, but you could consider to have a look at:

https://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/smtp-pro-email-free-custom-smtp-email.html ( external link, pls. inform me, when the link goes dead, so I can provide another working link )

...or when you think, that it is a good idea to overwrite the Magento source code, have a look at:

I have no idea, why you don't consider to use a "third party" extension and I doubt, that someone here will create/write one for you

I had one for sending email via SMTP in the past, however it had conflicts with a PDF Invoice Email plugin we used.

I wasn't expecting anyone here to write an extension for me, i was simply inquiring if their was another way of doing so which is transparent to any php script.

It looks like i will need to use an extension to achieve what i want to do, so I will look in to that.

Thanks for the advice.

Back