• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

php mail not working

vprasad84

New Pleskian
hi,

all of a sudden the php mail is not delivering the emails to the recepients. kindly find a sample code which i am running

<?php
$to = "[email protected]";
$subject = "Hi!";
$body = "Hi,\n\nHow are you.......?";
$headers = "From: [email protected]\r\n" .
"X-Mailer: php";
if (mail($to, $subject, $body, $headers)) {
echo("<p>Message sent!</p>");
} else {
echo("<p>Message delivery failed...</p>");
}
?>

even after hitting this page, i get the 'Message Sent' message which indicates that the mail is properly processed by php however i am unable to get the mail in my mailbox. too my mailbox is on the same server itself. Also verified that tte sendmail path in /etc/php.ini is still set to /var/qmail/bin/sendmail

we are even unable to see any errors in maillog. In maillog it shows as the message is submitted by anonymous@(our hostname)

All was working fine before the plesk upgrade of 7.5 > 8.3 but seems that after upgradation it has stopped working,kindly suggest with this regards

Hello vprasad84

A 'feature/bug' :) has appeared in Plesk versions 8.x. that doesn't comply with RFC 2822 in the mail() function.

Replace the \r\n in the $headers section of your code with just \n and your emails should then work as expected.

I've just spotted that you also need to add a line-feed (\n) after X-Mailer: php
i.e. X-Mailer: php\n"

Back