• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue PHP My admin is not working

waseem

Basic Pleskian
When i am trying to open phpmyadmin it is not opening but showing following error

#1932 - Table 'phpmyadmin_9U_tf4emmqkv.pma_column_info' doesn't exist in engine

Now what to do to repair this, as i am unable to locate any related thread here

Looks like that your MySQL databases are seriously corrupted (see previous your thread about roundcubemail database).
I strongly recommend you contact Plesk Support Team for fixing and repairing your databases directly on your server.

i tried but the form says that license code is from revelers so contact them. what is other case?

as a matter of fact i did, i have a ticket opened with them and they are not able to correct these errors yet, i am asking here as they are slow in these things and most of time i correct these errors on my own.

Hi waseem,

pls. don't get this wrong, but

and most of time i correct these errors on my own
in combination with all your other errors/issues you posted here in the forum the last days, lead to the fact, that you didn't restore your backups correctly. First psa, then roundcube, then phpmyadmin - db errors... all with the very same fact, that some tables or columns are missing.

Consider again to restore ALL the databases from your backups ( pls. be sure to use backups, where you are SURE, that they worked as expected! ) and don't forget to follow the exact steps as described at:

If you don't have a depending database - backup, pls. consider to remove the depending Plesk component completely and afterwards re-install the component.

Remove - examples:
/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --remove-component roundcube
MYSQL_PWD=`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` mysql -u admin -e"DROP DATABASE roundcubemail;"

/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --remove-component horde
MYSQL_PWD=`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` mysql -u admin -e"DROP DATABASE horde;"

( for Ubuntu/Debian! ) apt-get purge psa-phpmyadmin
MYSQL_PWD=`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` mysql -u admin -e"DROP DATABASE phpmyadmin_XXXXXXXX;"

( pls. replace "XXXXXXXX" with your unique combination of letters and numbers as seen on your mysql - server )

Install - examples:
/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --install-component roundcube
/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --install-component horde

( for Ubuntu/Debian! ) apt-get install psa-phpmyadmin

Last edited by a moderator:
hi
are you sure it is
apt-cache purge psa-phpmyadmin
or
apt-get purge psa-phpmyadmin

as
is returning
E: Invalid operation purge

Or
a simple
apt-get remove psa-phpmyadmin
and

apt-get install psa-phpmyadmin

will sufficient?

Last edited:
you are great.
Roundcube is working now, just waiting for your answer on phpmyadmin.
and i am unable to delete any dtabase with command line as it gives error of directory not empty so i always renamed it via ssh in var/lib/mysql directory

hi
are you sure it is

sorry... typing mistake - you are correct using "apt-get purge psa-phpmyadmin"

( Edited my above post, to correct the typing mistakes )

Hi waseem,

pls. be aware of the following commands:

apt-cache rdepends psa-phpmyadmin
psa-phpmyadmin
Reverse Depends:
plesk-core

It shows, that "psa-phpmyadmin" reverse depends on "plesk-core". If you still want to remove it, you must use an "ignore" option, which is not available with "apt-get". You have TWO possibilities here:

1. You can use "aptitude", which is more powerfulll than "apt-get", because it will offer as well ( possible ) other solutions, if the first one doesn't suit your needs. But... unfortunately, there is no solution for "aptitude" in this case.... :(

2. You can try

apt-get install --force-reinstall psa-phpmyadmin

3. You can use "dpkg", which is able to "ignore dependencies" ( Do this ONLY, when you are sure, what you are doing!!! ). Because you will re-install "psa-phpmyadmin" later on, the dependencies for this package can be ignored! ;)

dpkg --purge --ignore-depends=psa-phpmyadmin,plesk-core psa-phpmyadmin

( afterwards continue with the above provided install - commands )

Last edited by a moderator:
yes i already aborted , this is main reason of so much problems that plesk component got deleted during such removals, this should be different as i was using directadmin and its components has nothing to do with OS components.

this is main reason of so much problems that plesk component got deleted during such removals

... That's why it is NECESSARY and IMPORTANT, that you just don't simply hit "return", but try to solve such dependencies. Pls. see my edited post. ;)

hi
i go for
apt-get install --force-reinstall psa-phpmyadmin
it returns
E: Sense force is not understood, try true or false.

also purging psa-phpmyadmin remove 11 other components too.

Hi waseem,

"force-reinstall" is in the meantime obsolete, as I just recognized... pls. use "--reinstall" For further "apt-get" - commands... pls see: http://linux.die.net/man/8/apt-get ( External link, pls. inform me if the link goes dead, so I provide another working link! )

Hi waseem,

also purging psa-phpmyadmin remove 11 other components too.

With "dpkg", you are able to add as much packages at "--ignore-depends=", as you would like to.

Example:

--ignore-depends=package1,package2,package3,package4

For more informations to the "dpkg" - usage, pls. see the manuals at for example: http://linux.die.net/man/1/dpkg ( External link, pls. inform me if the link goes dead, so I provide another working link! )

hi here is output
Reinstallation of psa-phpmyadmin is not possible, it cannot be downloaded.

Regards

Hi waseem,

depending to your operating system and the used Plesk version, you are always able to MANUAL DOWNLOAD a package, as for example:

For Plesk 12.5.30 and Ubuntu 14.04 ( x86_64 ) you could as well use a mirror - site for the "*.deb" - files:

Examples for downloading:

mkdir -p /root/addons/plesk
cd /root/addons/plesk

wget ftp://ftp.hosteurope.de/mirror/autoinstall.plesk.com/PSA_12.5.30/dist-deb-Ubuntu-14.04-x86_64/base/psa-phpmyadmin_4.6.0-ubuntu14.04.build1205160427.18_all.deb

or
wget ftp://ftp.hosteurope.de/mirror/autoinstall.plesk.com/PSA_12.5.30/dist-deb-Ubuntu-14.04-x86_64/base/psa-phpmyadmin_4.6.0-ubuntu14.04.build1205160415.14_all.deb
or
wget ftp://ftp.hosteurope.de/mirror/autoinstall.plesk.com/PSA_12.5.30/dist-deb-Ubuntu-14.04-x86_64/base/psa-phpmyadmin_4.5.5-ubuntu14.04.build1205160229.16_all.deb

( keep an eye on the different versions, please! )
Due to the fact, that you now have the "*.deb" - file(s) at "/root/addons/plesk/*", you have to move to that folder, in order to install a package ( or re-install ). "*.deb" - files have to be installed with "dpkg".

Examples for *.deb - installations:

cd /root/addons/plesk
  1. Simple installation: dpkg -i psa-phpmyadmin_4.6.0-ubuntu14.04.build1205160427.18_all.deb
  2. Forced installation: dpkg -i --force-overwrite psa-phpmyadmin_4.6.0-ubuntu14.04.build1205160427.18_all.deb
  3. Ignored dependencies installation: dpkg -i --force-depends psa-phpmyadmin_4.6.0-ubuntu14.04.build1205160427.18_all.deb
For more informations to the "dpkg" - usage, pls. see the manuals at for example: http://linux.die.net/man/1/dpkg ( External link, pls. inform me if the link goes dead, so I provide another working link! )

Hi waseem,

it cannot be downloaded
On Ubuntu/Debian - based systems, you have ALWAYS the choice to add additional source - lists at: /etc/apt/sources.list

After each edit/modification
of "sources.list", pls be sure to use "apt-get update", before you continue with what ever you did before. :)

Example entry for Plesk 12.5.30 and Ubuntu 14.04 ( x86_64 ), using a stable mirror from "Host Europe"

Code:
deb http://ftp.hosteurope.de/mirror/autoinstall.plesk.com/ubuntu/PSA_12.5.30 trusty all

Back