• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Contribution PHP Panda! Multi-PHP installer for Plesk

atomicturtle

Golden Pleskian
The Plesk PHP Panda (P3) is a suite of multiple PHP versions to an alternate location using redhats SCL structure, Allowing the default system version of PHP to remain in place. It is primarily
designed for Plesk hosting environments, but can be used on any RPM based system, including Redhat Enterprise Linux, Cloudlinux, and Centos.

Current Versions:
* PHP 7.0.7
* PHP 5.6.22
* PHP 5.5.36
* PHP 5.4.45
* PHP 5.3.29 (Nucleus repo)
* PHP 5.2.17 (Nucleus repo)

The Plesk PHP Panda is designed to enable you to have per domain PHP options using FCGI mode in plesk. While I wrote this initially for plesk, its entirely possible that this could be installed on other systems, like cpanel or directadmin.

In plesk 11.5+, under your Domain -> Hosting Settings you will see 2 new options for FCGI php:
- Atomic 5.2
- Atomic 5.3
- Atomic 5.4
- Atomic 5.5
- Atomic 5.6
- Atomic 7.0

Installation:

1) Set up the atomic yum repository

wget -q -O - http://www.atomicorp.com/installers/atomic |sh

2) Install the Panda

yum install plesk-php-panda

3) (Nucleus subscribers)
yum install plesk-php53-panda plesk-php52-panda

Last edited:
BTW, I hope that this PHP Panda! will be compatible with Plesk microupdates and major updates.

Hi Scott,

will this be kept outside of the Nucleus repository from now on?
Can you also list the modules that are available for these PHP versions?

Thanks!

Igor: Great idea, I didn't actually notice that forum. I'm going to continue expanding P3 with other pecl components & extensions as time goes by. So it might be a good place to keep the changelog.

These use the SCL system, which means that the packages are installed in a private space (/opt/atomic/<packagename>). Microupdates, and even external PHP updates should never cause a collision here.

For nucleus users, you'll see an atomic-php53 very soon. You already have fcgi as a PHP 5.3 option natively, so the usecase would probably be if you were using PHP 5.4 as a base dso, and wanted this for backwards compatibility.

Minor update, PHP 5.3 support should be available for this from the Nucleus repo shortly. 5.2 Support is still in the works

I 'm attending to continue increasing P3 with alternative pecl elements & extensions as time goes by.

Hi,

I have Nucleus Repo + ASL + ATOMIC but I can't find this package

yum install plesk-php53-panda
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
* asl-3.0: www6.atomicorp.com
* atomic: www6.atomicorp.com
* atomic-nucleus: www6.atomicorp.com
* atomic-testing: www6.atomicorp.com
* base: centos.mirror.iweb.ca
* extras: centos.mirror.gtcomm.net
* updates: centos.mirrors.atwab.net
atomic | 1.9 kB 00:00
atomic-testing | 1.9 kB 00:00
atomic-testing/primary_db | 70 kB 00:00
Excluding Packages from Atomicorp - Atomic Secured Linux 3.0
Finished
Excluding Packages from CentOS / Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 - atomicrocketturtle.com
Finished
Setting up Install Process
No package plesk-php53-panda available.
Nothing to do

yum search panda
Finished
Excluding Packages from CentOS / Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 - atomicrocketturtle.com
Finished
============================================================================================ Matched: panda =============================================================================================
plesk-php-panda.noarch : Plesk PHP Panda is a multi-version php suite
plesk-php-panda.x86_64 : Plesk PHP Panda is a multi-version php suite

Hi,

I have Nucleus Repo + ASL + ATOMIC but I can't find this package

atomic | 1.9 kB 00:00
atomic-testing | 1.9 kB 00:00
atomic-testing/primary_db | 70 kB 00:00
Finished
Finished
Setting up Install Process
No package plesk-php53-panda available.
Nothing to do

yum search panda
Finished
Finished
============================================================================================ Matched: panda =============================================================================================
plesk-php-panda.noarch : Plesk PHP Panda is a multi-version php suite
plesk-php-panda.x86_64 : Plesk PHP Panda is a multi-version php suite

I'm using Centos 5

I've upgraded to Plesk 11.5.30 on CentOs 6.4 and Installed the PHP Panda package. In plesk I can select the additional FastCGI PHP Atom 5.4 & 5.5 versions. Running PHP like this gives me an error :
mod_fcgid: error reading data from FastCGI server
Premature end of script headers:

If I run PHP FastCGI with my default system PHP 5.3 everything works. Do I need to set any permissions ? Any ideas what can casue this ?

Hi all,

as I want to install additional PHP versions on my machine, I have a question regarding the above bespoken "PHP Panda! Multi-PHP installer for Plesk".
Do I have to buy a license to use it? Or is it only if I want to make step 3 also:
2) Install the Panda
yum install plesk-php-panda
3) (Nucleus subscribers)

And finally what do I do if I want to/have to use ionCube?

thanks for any help
Salami C

PS: I'm on CentOS 6.5 and Plesk 11.5

Last edited:
Do I have to buy a license to use it?

Only for the nucleus repo, which is 99$ per year. 5.4 and 5.5 are free from the atomic repo

And finally what do I do if I want to/have to use ionCube?

You'll need to modify the php.ini for each separate install of PHP like you would for a regular ioncube install.

Hi atomicturtle,

and thanks for your reply.

Only for the nucleus repo, which is 99$ per year. 5.4 and 5.5 are free from the atomic repo
Okay. I managed to install the PHP Version: Atomic 5.4 and Atomic 5.5. After installation I was able to switch an existing hosting from Apache Module 5.3.3 to FCGI Atomic 5.4 and Atomic 5.5. All seems to be working.

You'll need to modify the php.ini for each separate install of PHP like you would for a regular ioncube install.
Regarding ioncube, I'm still struggling.

• I copied the ioncube-loader.ini file from /etc/php.d/00-ioncube-loader.ini to /opt/atomic/atomic-php55/root/etc/php.d/00-ioncube-loader.ini and restarted the httpd. The extension is still not loaded.
  • Then I modified the php.ini in the folder: /opt/atomic/atomic-php55/root/etc. I extended the file with the following line: zend_extension=/usr/lib64/php/modules/ioncube_loader_lin_5.3.so
  • I then did: /etc/init.d/httpd stop and then start again

Any idea?

Salami C

Back