• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Contribution PHP Panda! Multi-PHP installer for Plesk

I use:

Code:
cd
wget http://downloads3.ioncube.com/loader_downloads/ioncube_loaders_lin_x86-64.tar.gz
tar -xvzf ioncube_loaders_lin_x86-64.tar.gz
cp ~/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_5.5.so /usr/lib64/php/modules/
echo 'zend_extension=/usr/lib64/php/modules/ioncube_loader_lin_5.5.so' > /opt/atomic/atomic-php55/root/etc/php.d/ioncube.ini

But I'm not positive this is the correct way of doing it.

I'm sure atomicturtle will correct me where needed.

Hi Stéphane,

thanks for the missing help! It was the missing ioncube module for PHP 5.5. I tried to load the 5.3 version in PHP 5.5. For PHP 5.3 and 5.4 the modules were already there. Once the files are downloaded just copy the file /etc/php.d/00-ioncube-loader.ini to /opt/atomic/atomic-php55/root/etc/php.d/00-ioncube-loader.ini and edit the following line regarding the used version:
; comment out next line to disable ionCube Zend extension in php
zend_extension=/usr/lib64/php/modules/ioncube_loader_lin_5.4.so
Restart Apache Daemon and you are done.

Many thanks to Stéphane and Atomicturtle who made this possible!

A question to Stéphane: What is the difference to the solution you provided? Is yours the more flexible one? I tried yours, but my system did not install the 5.5 version, so I was lucky to have the solution from Atomicturtle.

Salami C

Both methods should basically be the same.
Mine just downloads the latest version and installs it to /usr/lib64/php/modules/

Not sure where you got the 5.5 .so if not using my instructions.
Naming the file 00-ioncube-loader.ini is most likely to give it priority in loading over other extensions.

You both are just one single person! I guess this must be split personality. ;D

Not sure where you got the 5.5 .so if not using my instructions.
Naming the file 00-ioncube-loader.ini is most likely to give it priority in loading over other extensions.
After I failed with your installation, I did a complete recover of the machine and started from scratch with the solution provided by atomicturtle. That's why!

Again thank's to you both.

Salami C

Hi atomicturtle,

may I ask you a question about updating the installation?

Lets assume that there are new releases of the PHP packages provided by you, how will I install a the updates?

thanks and a nice weekend
Salami C

Great question, these are distributed as regular old rpm updates. You'll be able to update them with yum just like any other package

I'm trying to install both 5.4.x and 5.5.x php versions on Centos 6.5 and receive an error during installation:
Transaction Check Error:
file /var/www/icons/php.gif from install of atomic-php54-php-5.4.25-31.el6.art.x86_64 conflicts with file from package php-5.3.23-1.el6.x86_64
file /var/www/icons/php.gif from install of atomic-php55-php-5.5.9-7.el6.x86_64 conflicts with file from package php-5.3.23-1.el6.x86_64

Error Summary
-------------

kanada

Thats a problem with php-5.3.23-1.el6.x86_64, which isnt from atomic. Nothing I can do about fixing that

The workaround is to use yumdownloader atomic-php5*-php-5|common|cli and force install via rpm (since icons are the same).
Rest of packages could be installed via yum install php-panda.

I think you can exclude php.gif icon from atomic source package (atomic-php5(5|4)-php-*) to solve that issue permamently.

kanada

PHP 5.6 alpha 2 was just added to the PHP panda. If you already have PHP Panda installed, you will only need to update the package with:

yum upgrade php-panda

PHP 5.6 should show up on your systems as "Atomic 5.6"

Hi

I have two servers, the first i installed php-plesk-panda about 2 weeks ago, the second server i installed it today but for some reason there is no option to select the automic php versions within hosting management.

Has something changed within the installation that requires me to enable plesk-php-panda?

Kind Regards
Stu

Hi,
I get the following error when I try to install plesk-php53-panda. * I am a nucleus subscriber
Error: Package: plesk-php53-panda-0.3-1.el6.art.x86_64 (atomic-nucleus)
Requires: atomic-php53-php-interbase
Thanks for your help.
Howard

Has something changed within the installation that requires me to enable plesk-php-panda?

Yeah I zigged when I should have zagged in the trigger logic. 0.4-2 fixes this, it should be hitting the mirrors now
I get the following error when I try to install plesk-php53-panda. * I am a nucleus subscriber
Error: Package: plesk-php53-panda-0.3-1.el6.art.x86_64 (atomic-nucleus)
Requires: atomic-php53-php-interbase

Confirmed on our side, we're looking into it now

@Howardf55: Found the problem, it should be resolved in plesk-php53-panda 0.4. If you have any problems with it, just let me know in the thread here, or via our support portal

It should be in all the mirrors now. I updated a server with it earlier today.

Is anyone interested in PHP 5.2 packages, or even 5.1 packages for this?

Back