• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Issue PHP pfm service - No such file or directory

Andri

New Pleskian
Hi,
I rebooted my servers and notice on two servers which I upgrade from Onyx to Obsidian that all PHP pfm services doesn't start because of missing folder.

Error message:
[12-Apr-2020 15:28:10] ERROR: unable to bind listening socket for address '/run/plesk/plesk-php73-fpm.sock': No such file or directory (2)

When I create folder /run/plesk/ service starts and work as excepted, but after reboot I have to manually recreate that folder again.

Last edited:
The /run/plesk directory does not exist on the system. There are two 3rd-party bugs which may cause such behaviour:
  1. Bug in systemd package 229-4ubuntu21.9.
    Patched kernel for VZ was released for this bug but this issue may reoccur on OpenVZ6.
  2. Incorrect ownership on ‘/’ directory in the system.
For a permanent solution, it's required either to update Ubuntu kernel or create a cron task, which will create /run/plesk directory automatically after the server reboot.

Back