1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

PHP running under www-data

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by Nerion@, Mar 20, 2008.

1. Nerion@

Nerion@ Guest

Hello,

I think it was before updating Plesk to Version 8.3.0

If I created a file with PHP5 the file was created with the ftp-user and group: psaserv.

Today I see that all files created by user with php have user: www-data and group: www-data.

How could I fix this.
    It don't want to install suPHP because it worked before updating Plesk oder something else.

Any ideas?

Thank you

2. Monica@

Monica@ Guest

Plesk never had suPHP functionnality, however such feature request were created. PHP pages with Plesk were always served by Apache webserver. Probably you had suPHP installed before and upon the upgrade the configuration was rewritten.

3. Nerion@

Nerion@ Guest

No suPHP wasn't installed.

Is there no way to fix this?

PHP only have to look which user is the holder of this folder (for example /var/www/vhosts/domain.com/httpdocs/ and give the file the same rights.

Any ideas?

Thank you

4. danliker

danliker Silver Pleskian Plesk Certified Professional

43%
    hi Monica, are you from Parallels ?
    or how can you say "...such feature request were created" ?

5. danliker

danliker Silver Pleskian Plesk Certified Professional

43%
    @Nerion

ftp creates files with the right file owner and user group.

if you create files with php they will allways have www-data as user and group if you not use suphp